Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vend3r

HELP PLEASE!

14 posts in this topic

somone please help me get rid of this damn thing winlogon.exe its some type of trogen i have no idea where i picked it up i have ran multiple antivirus/adware/spyware/adware programs even deleted the file via DOS and reinstalled windows and its till running taking up 99% of the processe usage this is driveing me insane i'v googled the problem and tried every method to get rid of it but none are working PLEASE somone out there help me get rid of this demon!!!!!!!

somone please help me get rid of this damn thing  winlogon.exe its some type of trogen i have no idea where i picked it up i have ran multiple antivirus/adware/spyware/adware programs even deleted the file via DOS and reinstalled windows and its till running taking up 99% of the processe usage this is driveing me insane i'v googled the problem and tried every method to get rid of it but none are working PLEASE somone out there help me get rid of this demon!!!!!!!

Does the antivirus program state what virus/trojan it is?

What antivirus are you using? If norton, uninstall and try avg's free antivirus.

What version of windows? If XP did you turn recovery off before trying to remove it?

How did you reinstall windows? (recovery disk or standard install?)

Have you thought about switching to linux, bsd, plan 9, beos, or any of the other awesome operating systems out there?

If you want something easy to use, Lindows is really simple but cheaper than Mac.

This may help. winlogon.exe

According to some of the posts on that page it's possible you could have been infected with win32.netsky.D (not sure about that) here is a link for removal that was posted. netsky removal

Watch what you are doing online, remember to keep up with patches, run malware scanners like ad-aware and spybot and maybe avg free edition or something. Should keep your comp running all spiffy. Peace.

Edited by d3fault

thanks d3fault that worked like a charm

holy shit i have this fucking trogan i was just in task manager and glanced at it not even thinking and i look at your topic and it just hit me omg :o

holy shit i have this fucking trogan i was just in task manager and glanced at it not even thinking and i look at your topic and it just hit me omg :o

More then likely you dont. Winlogon is a VALID windows process, without it you wouldnt even be able to get onto your account. Leave it alone, it will always be residant in memory and as a result, will always be a process in your task manager.

Do not fuck with this process unless you are 100% sure that there is something going on behind the scenes (like venders problem)

Edited by Casket

its still running taking up 99% of the processe usage

Ive got this same problem with System Idle Process

its still running taking up 99% of the processe usage

Ive got this same problem with System Idle Process

That, however, is sure signs that you have been infected by multiple worms, viruses and trojans.

i know loads of people whos system idle process is llike that.

mine is also

i have never seen one that isnt like that

I try to refrain myself as much as possible, but when topics like this show up I am sure glad I dont run windows.

haha, Yeah I was joking.

It's supossed to be there. I know Stank uses a program that removes or hides System Idle Process.

:P