Mr.Sandman

Hacking The Windows XP

185 posts in this topic

Laptop/bathtub?

i think his being stupid made the computer give up and format itself.

i think his being stupid made the computer give up and format itself.

HAHAHA!! PWNED!!

Dear ????

:help: I am a high school student who is using a laptop that the school has provided me to use for the year. It is a ( Dell Inspiron l 4100 ) laptop. The school has placed so many restictions on the laptop that it is driving me crazy. Can't download this, can't install that. ect.  :blowfuse:  The only way to get around this and have full controll of the laptop is to figure out the administrators password. Someone gave me the password two weeks ago but the password has recently been changed via wireless access. Now im no computer wiz and i was just wondering what i could do to find out what the new password is. Im desprate help me out.

Hacker in training,

Mr. Sandman

well u c the easiest way to get the admin password is to make friends with an admin! duh, i made friends with plenty of comp illiterite teachers and they all sang like canarys. plus theres less paranioia that way

I know my school patched this but I'm not sure about other locations.

Right click my computer>manage>local users and groups>users>right click admin account>set password.

If you're lucky, you will be able to reset the password. :D w00t w00t.

k this kid isnt here anymore, lets lock the thread plz thx.

I saw him around! He's just not answering the thread. :(

It'd be nice to know if he even bothered trying any of the advice offered or not.

Not the 'del *.*' 'advice', the other stuff. :P

I saw him around! He's just not answering the thread. :(

It'd be nice to know if he even bothered trying any of the advice offered or not.

Not the 'del *.*' 'advice', the other stuff. :P

No, he tried 'dell' and it didn't work, remember?!?! Heh...

I don't really have a clue about what I'm talking about, but could he try booting in safe mode? Or am I just talking complete and utter rubbish? Sorry if I am but im sure that safe mode can do something or other about admin or that there is some code you can try while in safe mode that you put in cmd. I don't know but try looking around www.jinx.com 's forums in the newbie section and using the search and everything.

Sorry again if im talking complete rubbish about safe mode.

Edit: Need to learn how to write coherently for people to take you serious.

Edited by Booter

Im Baaaacccckkkk.

So did you get the admin password? What happened?

Picsel: Unfortunately, XP still requires a password to boot into safe mode, so I don't know how much help it would be.

But ERD costs money, PE Builder with Password renew is free. For a lot of us, solutions that cost money are not solutions.

But ERD costs money, PE Builder with Password renew is free. For a lot of us, solutions that cost money are not solutions.

True, but for those that may be looking how to get around this and, willing to pony up some coin might look at this as a possiblity.

But why when there is a free option?

I dunno, probally the same people who pay $0.99 for a song per download.

For a lot of us, solutions that cost money are not solutions.

"APPLAUD"

And, Irongeek, for whatever this is worth, I think you're fabulous <- guess you've heard that often enough, but the fact that you willingly share your knowledge with people like me, who want to understand more of the why, rather than just the how, you're B)

Hi. Ok, rather than just jump in here and ask this right away, I actually took the time to read all 9 pages of this thread (which included some rather funny stuff... :lol:) Anyways, I didn't see the answer to the question I had, so I am going to ask now. I want to get the admin password for my work computer (for nothing to terrible, just want to add Flash Player and unblock my sports websites and email I check. I know I could use a proxy server, but it doesn't work for all the sites.) However, I don't want to change it so that the admin won't be able to get back in. I want to be able to change it back to what it was once I make the changes I want to make. Is there any way of doing this? I noticed the suggestions in the previous pages all had to do with creating a new password, but no way to cover your tracks. Oh yeah, one final thing, I can't run .exe files, because I don't have rights to do that(that I know of), so it is probably going to severely limit what I can do.

Anyways, thanks in advance if you do have a solution to this for a newbie. It will be very much appreciated.

Booting from a cd and cracking the password as discussed on the first page (by Irongeek) is the way to go, if the computer is set to boot from CD first, or you have BIOS access. That way you need to change it at all, you just have it.

Booting from a cd and cracking the password as discussed on the first page (by Irongeek) is the way to go, if the computer is set to boot from CD first, or you have BIOS access. That way you need to change it at all, you just have it.

Thanks, I will give a better look at Irongeeks site tonight.

Alright dude, it's really quite simple! I have used this many times & have instructed many clients on how to use this method (Most recently was a 63 year old woman who only used the computer to read the news on the internet!

Step 1: Go to this website http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ & download the floppy version of the program!

Step 2: You will have to remover the mains battery & the BIOS backup battery! This is the easiest way for you to reset the BIOS! I'd do it for ya but that would mean sending the laptop to Australia dude!

Step 3: Once the BIOS will allow you to go in, change the settings so you can boot from floppy!

Step 4: Reboot the system with the floppy in the drive, wait for it to do it's thing, it will load up the program from the floppy.

Step 5: Follow the prompts! Most of the time you will use the default answers!

Step 6: Enjoy using an unrestricted laptop!

I cannot believe it took 9 pages to unlock an XP system!

I'm a n00b myself dude! I had a very strong urge to flame you myself!

This is quite possibly the dumbest thread I have EVER EVER read!!!

Ladies, listen up VERY closely. Windoze is software installed onto your computer that makes it work. It is not part of your computer, OK? Windoze keeps password files in *hard drive*/WINDOWS/System32/config/(system or SAM?) Understand that? So, if we can get to those files, we can crack the passwords right? How do we get to these files? Use another operating system! For physical access hacking, I use SLAX (which is a Linux Operating System) on a flash drive. You can also use a LiveCD of some kind. In order to use these, REBOOT your computer and hit F12 (on Dells) until it gives you a menu of boot options. Choose either USB device (if you have a bootable flash drive) or CD (if you have a live CD inserted) Linux will load, you will then steal the windoze password files and use any widely available cracking program to get the password. Total time should be less than 30 minutes.

If you are too stupid to follow these directions, could you please stop using the internet? It's a waste of bandwidth. Go get a job or something.

Windoze keeps password files in *hard drive*/WINDOWS/System32/config/(system or SAM?)

And the backup in C:/windows/repair

yaya