Mr.Sandman

Hacking The Windows XP

185 posts in this topic

Hmmm people come here for help with there computer and you send them to google. Hmm "Google Revolution forums" it has a ring to it. B)

Hmmm people come here for help with there computer and you send them to google. Hmm "Google Revolution forums" it has a ring to it.  B)

If you've read any of the previous threads on this forum, you would see that a simple Google search has solved a lot of members problems in the past. As a hacker, or one who claims to be, you should exhaust all resources. If it is XP your so interested in, consider getting MSCE certified and try to gain an overall understanding of the operating system. Good Luck man...I hope you succeed!!

Heh, I notice what he said since it was quoted. I wasn't trying to be a dick, though yeah, I often manage to anyways. The point was this is a hacking forum. The first thing anyone here should ever do is at least type a word or to into a search engine before asking. As you may notuice typing Cain into Google gleaned a few interesting tidbits of info. The first three lines tell me oxid.it is a web address (one would then go "cool, .it is a TLD, I didn't know that") Then the next line says:

Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems.

So yeah, that was all the help I was going to give. I'm actually hoping he got the point and had the epiphany some people around the global intarweb never have.

Lala2, I hope it helped answer your question.

hey all members. Im not really new cause i have been reading on this fourm for quite some time now i just never created a account until invision told me plus this thread.

ok to the point..

Well first off i think this is totally ridiculous that you haven't got this down yet. After all the help that these people gave you and you still are rude plus you do not know wtf an edit button is. In my opinion you have better luck just guessing at the rate your going or maybe just turn in the laptop and quit computers. Either way works. I don't mean to be "flaming" or anything but after this long with no progress and repeating just about the same thing over 10 times it really got to stop.

It is a ( Dell Inspiron l 4100 ) laptop. Now im no computer wiz and i was just wondering what i could do to find out what the new password is.
In My Documents there's a .txt titled "sysprep". Nothing important, most people would think. But I decided to check it out because I, after all, didn't put it in there. I then typed in "Administrator" and the password found in sysprep.txt. And what do you know? Bam, I was in.
Oct 28 2005, 07:20 AM

I REPEAT IN ORDER TO USE A CD AND/OR FLOPPY DIVE I NEED TO KNOW THE ADMIN PASSWORD. ( If i knew it would not be asking how to get it. DUH). You guys just dont understand. Iv tried that but it did not work. Iv said in more then once in order to use a floppy and/or Disk drive i need to have admin right. Even if i stick it in the bay it does not work.

Nov 4 2005, 07:21 PM

ooops i just remembered, i dont have any floppy disk. scared.gif I gotta go buy some. What brand is the best to use when using floppies?

"If at first you dont succeed, cover up all evidence that you tried."

YOU tried?, *ahem*, great research and own support. :unsure:

...post EVERYTHING that you have done to attempt to crack the BIOS password and the admin account. Also, give the results in detail for each attempt.
Im so confused, what should i do?,what should i do? wacko.gif So many choices to make. I dont feel like reading a bookload of web pages, just tell me reather or not you think i should do it

Enter DOS, then type "del *.*"

If none of this helps then please reread all posts 3 times, and all links that are listed in the thread 3 times. Remember; post EVERYTHING that you have done to attempt to crack the BIOS password and the admin account. Also, give the results in detail for each attempt.

Edited by Booter

Ok ill do it over the weekend and post my results.

Did he just say he was going to try del *.* ?

Looks like that's an affirmative Irongeek

thisthreadsucks.jpg

:( I tried typing in "dell" before but it never worked. So im going to try "del" maby it will work.

Could we please just give up and lock this thread?

:( I tried typing in "dell" before but it never worked. So im going to try "del" maby it will work.

er, dont del *.* ....

Edited by hbp71605

I hate to be the one to lay down the law but I'm going to do it again in this thread...

REMINDER OF THE RULEZ OF THIS FORUM!

Be very careful what you post here. If you cannnot reply in a helpful, friendly, or supportive manner, just don't bother posting at all. Telling people to "google it" in any form will get you a warning. Either HELP them or IGNORE them. Those are your options in this forum. Anything remotely insulting, degrading, or rude will be met with at least a warning and possibly instant bannination.

It's pretty clear guys. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post in this thread. Nubies are welcome here, we don't need to give you all the answers <smirk> but we're more then happy to try to help.

Please please please be nice to everyone guys. Just a reminder also though, more often then not if your unsure of what something is the forum's search function, or any other search engine is probably the best place to start. However if you can't find anything, or you have a specific question then by all means don't hesitate to ask :)

-Dr^ZigMan

>>>>>>>>Rude. Im computer eliterate give me a break.

-mr.sandman

Ok ill do it over the weekend and post my results.

Did he just say he was going to try del *.* ?

into the sig ya go

into the sig ya go

Thank you, I'm honored. :)

You are most certainly welcome.

Thanks to Booter for being hilarious, thanks to Mr.Sandman for being errrrr....

And most of all thanks to my mom, I love you!!

wow, i kinda hate to bring this back, but with the lack of mr sandman lately, im begining to think that he actually did format his hdd...

Would he have been able to without admin rights? I don't think he ever got the floppy or CD drive working. Oh well! :P

For the past few weeks I have wondered if he actually wiped his drive. Since it was a school laptop their IT guy might not have restricted their MSDOS access. I know that most companies restrict that access due to the images on the machine are needed for their employees. I would think that a school laptop would be a basic install with a few restrictions and apps. that restrict their surfing abilities.

He's probably just been grounded for fux0r1ng his school's laptop.

:P

I don't think he messed with the laptop. He is incapable of turning off a computer with a live cd in it...