Mr.Sandman

Hacking The Windows XP

185 posts in this topic

Dame the password recorver floppy trick did not work.  :blowfuse:

Pull out the hard drive and slap in a new one.

Please be sure to read the whole thread, especially the parts where he said it wasn't his laptop.

Dame the password recorver floppy trick did not work.  :blowfuse:

Pull out the hard drive and slap in a new one.

Please be sure to read the whole thread, especially the parts where he said it wasn't his laptop.

I read it but it doesn't really matter as long as he puts the old one back in before he turns it in.

This is still a topic? what utter shame.

You posted in this topic without being forced, what an utter shame. This topic will remain open until i find the admins code.

Well then, post the results of a nmap and nessus scan. Maybe something will turn up from that. However, you will have to do this scan from another computer, one to which which you DO have admin access.

Edited by Elzair

Well then, post the results of a nmap and nessus scan. Maybe something will turn up from that. However, you will have to do this scan from another computer, one to which which you DO have admin access.

What does that have to do with cracking a BIOS password?

In this tread we are talking about:

1. Finding and/or changing the admin account password on a windows XP

2. Cracking the BIOS password

Got it?

Got it?

This topic will remain open until i find the admins code.

For someone asking for help, and have received plenty of it thus far. You're being pretty rude. The moderators/admins will decide when to close a thread, not you. Secondly, post EVERYTHING that you have done to attempt to crack the BIOS password and the admin account. Also, give the results in detail for each attempt.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Booter

Got it?

This topic will remain open until i find the admins code.

For someone asking for help, and have received plenty of it thus far. You're being pretty rude. The moderators/admins will decide when to close a thread, not you. Secondly, post EVERYTHING that you have done to attempt to crack the BIOS password and the admin account. Also, give the results in detail for each attempt.

Edit: spelling

i tottaly agree with him , normal people would have figured it out by now. your also being an ass to people trying to help.

Alrighty, it might help if you detailed in one post everything you have done up to this point. Also, if you want to go with the remote exploit path, then post you IP address; the best way to do this would be to post the number you get by going to WHATISMYIP.COM. I am sure someone would be glad to perform an Nmap / Nessus scan for you.

http://www.google.com/search?&q=what+is+nmap&btnG=Search

Read that and decide if you want a bunch of people using it to scan your network.

Hint: You can also Google for Nessus, I hear there are web pages about Nessus as well.

I would also offer the (free, unrequested) advice to everyone that I would not suggest assisting the compromise of laptop the kid admit's he does not own. Never mind the fact he may suddenly get a bright idea and post an IP address that doesn't belong to him either. ;)

Unfortunately Mr Sandman, you again disregard ::sigh:: what would probably help you most.

Secondly, post EVERYTHING that you have done to attempt to crack the BIOS password and the admin account. Also, give the results in detail for each attempt.

:wacko:

Im so confused, what should i do?,what should i do? :wacko: So many choices to make. I dont feel like reading a bookload of web pages, just tell me reather or not you think i should do it.

Edited by Mr.Sandman

how does your hd plug in.... isn't it a simple plug-in module you can extract without 'laptop surgery'? Mine just has a little catch that you press and voila... out it comes, no need to open the case or anything.

you could probably buy a cheap hd from ebay for it.

(edit: terrible typing).

Edited by coding_monkey

A new hard drive also means a new copy of Windows at 100 bucks. Linux could be used, but since you are saying this statement confused you:

Secondly, post EVERYTHING that you have done to attempt to crack the BIOS password and the admin account. Also, give the results in detail for each attempt.

First, uh... wow. Seems to make perfect sense to me.

All joking aside, I don't see you pulling off a Linux install. The request above is fairly simple though. Read the above quote again and try really, really hard to focus and formulate a reply.

The super simple summary:

Nmap = bad idea

Reading = good idea

Answering direct questions = priceless

Ok to solve all of your "problems" I will post an easy guide to creating an administrative account on your laptop.

Ok this is considering you have a floppy drive.

1. Materials needed Bootable CD Loader v1.50Z From Here

2. A floppy disc drive and a floppy disc

3.a blank Cd and Cd burner and a program capable of burning .iso files

Ok, Download [Tech182 Windows Bootable Cd Xp Environment Bart Pe Builder] (google that) and burn it to a cd.

Download THIS and burn the ima *IMAGE* file to a floppy disc (I think yo will have to extract it with magiciso and then burn it)

Boot the computer with the floppy and choose to boot from the Cd

Swap drives and boot from the cd.

Once the Cd is loaded click the start menu then go to

Programs

>inside tools

>Password Renew

Follow the instructions on the screen and your good to go.

Im not responsible for any thing YOU do to your computer

Dont get mad if ths doesn’t work, Iv never tested Bootable CD Loader v1.50Z

Good Luck... :P

There is no cmos battery on the 4100 according to Dell (Forums). Non Violate eprom/

Personally, I've had a lot of success with this tool that you install on a floppy:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

You need to create a floppy linux boot disc using the link above. Either go to a library or a friends house and do this, then try it.

Now, if it doesn't work, don't just post 'it doesn't work' - post us all the error messgaes you get and the process you went through. :mumble:

If all goes well, the system will boot into a little util which lets you reset the admin password.

May the force be with you :jawa:

:D Ok thanks for the tip ill be sure to try it and post my results.

(I will crack the code if it is the last thing i do!)

There's a password recovery tool  (sam file) for windows called CAIN.  You can find it at oxid.it

WTF is cain and what do you mean by oxid.it