Mr.Sandman

Websense Drama

32 posts in this topic

Dear ???

I am a high school student who owns a laptop that the school provided. The schools wireless internet has a thing called websense on it that is really a pain in the a$$. It monitors what students do on the net and blocks out a lot of websites. Iv tried proxies to try to get around it but they seem to not work anymore. Is there anything i can do, or will i before forever torminted by websense.

Mr. Sandman

Dear ???

I am a high school student who owns a laptop that the school provided. The schools wireless internet has a thing called websense on it that is really a pain in the a$$. It monitors what students do on the net and blocks out a lot of websites. Iv tried proxies to try to get around it but they seem to not work anymore. Is there anything i can do, or will i before forever torminted by websense.

Mr. Sandman

Do you have boradband at home? You could setup a proxy server on your home line or at a friends house to use. At least until they find it and ban it too.

:cry: Nope, i dont have internet at home. If i did i would not be worrying about websense, id just wait till i got home and used my own internet.

http://aray.tk click Proxify. Use Service 2.

I made this site when I was a freshman, my first website to ever build so its not the greatest in the world. Hand made with HTML, I didnt even know about dreamweaver or any other programs. Just notepad.

I just used other proxy services on my site.

Service 2 uses Proxify.com (blocked by websense, unless you use aray.tk)

PM me if they ever block aray or the proxy web page, theyv'e blocked the proxy page before but I just changed the URL and the link and it was *magically* unblocked. :)

Enjoy.

Every time i try to use it, I get a "This page cannot be display message". Can anyone get me past websense? Im desperate! F**K Websense :cuss:

Dear ???

Mr. Sandman

Topic from General Hacking has been moved here and merged into this thread.

SSH tunneling or TOR, but really, its almost more trouble then it's worth bypassing those things.... Just ride it out for now.

*sigh* this is going to be one long ride.

SSH tunneling or TOR, but really, its almost more trouble then it's worth bypassing those things.... Just ride it out for now.

Someone I knew used Babelfish to get around websense at school.

:help: Babelfish? Need more info like were i can get it. And how it works.

haha, yeah, you can do that. as most firewalls just look at the URL, if you use a frame, then... :)

CHEDDER! Whats up man! This is war!

Hey chedder, you know h4v3n? h4v3n developed an exploit for websense, it'll be in the next issue of k-1ine.

Have you tried replacing some of the characters in the URL with their hex codes? That works on some older RM proxy filtering systems, so it may work on the websense one too.

Have you tried replacing some of the characters in the URL with their hex codes? That works on some older RM proxy filtering systems, so it may work on the websense one too.

What are Hex codes and how do i use them to get past websense? :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

You convert the url to hex and try that.

There are quite a few ascii/hex/decimal/binary/oct converters out there. ;)

That said, the wiki was the first actual entry in Gogle after typing in "hex"

Your kind of missing the point of a hacking fourm man. There is no up-down-up-down-left-right-left-right-a-b-a-b-select-start for bypassing a laptops bios password.

Getting around Websense is easy. Find a cgi proxy...or another type, use a Google cache, set up a server somewhere, whatever.

These are all in the dozens of threads of this on this site alone. If you don't want "set up your own server" or "open up the laptop" for answers to what you've been asking......you probably are asking the wrong group bro. :P

And um, this link is in the wiki i linked to. The words "howto hex" are actually *in* the url.

http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/hex1.html

Again, it pays to read. Another example of your being given the answer to the question you asked, and not bothering to read it.

I just gave you the link to an ascii to hex converter via the aim conversation we were having, hopefully a link right to a converter, along with my detailed explaination of the different base systems, and where hex fits in as base 16 will suffice, it really isn't that mystical. :\