Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ntheory

24-port Asterisk card (not T1)

12 posts in this topic

I've known about this for six months, but I was ordered not to tell a soul :)

I can see this being good for supporting analog equipment (legacy non-ip phones), however - if I have 24 good ole POTS lines in, I think i'll go to a DS1 arrangement. Anyways, pretty cool. Lets it give the end user/buyer more options.

These things would be excellent for wiring up apartments and such for VoIP. Like, they already have all the copper put in, so you could just go down to the blocks in the basement and plug in your asterisk system down there, with a couple of these cards, and that saves having to wire the entire apartment with RJ45, or having to use a rack of ATA's.

this is very nice. i've been tring to pitch asterisk to my boss for use in our offices. this card is the solution that i have been looking for. so long old definity 75! :flush: thanks for the info ntheory!

i want to see pictures of this thing! also i think i need to recheck the press release because i cant remember if it had a price or not. but i want one so bad now!!!

i want to see pictures of this thing! also i think i need to recheck the press release because i cant remember if it had a price or not. but i want one so bad now!!!

The picture below is from their site on this page. Couldn't find a price anywhere online for it though.

tdm2433e.jpg

Edited by Booter

Yikes, full-length PCI? It'd be nice if they could get this thing a little smaller.

The picture below is from their site on this page. Couldn't find a price anywhere online for it though.

tdm2433e.jpg

According to Mark Spencer, price will be "sub-$2000"

This is what I consider the "last mile" with Asterisk. I've been trying to get the per port price down far enough to compete with other systems like Panasonic and it's still not there. If sub-$2000 really means $1999 then I'm better off getting a T1 card for $500 and a channel bank for $200. Or a quad T1 card for $1500, a channel bank for $200, and having room to expand with a single PCI card.

I'm no longer excited about this. :(

This is what I consider the "last mile" with Asterisk.  I've been trying to get the per port price down far enough to compete with other systems like Panasonic and it's still not there.  If sub-$2000 really means $1999 then I'm better off getting a T1 card for $500 and a channel bank for $200.  Or a quad T1 card for $1500, a channel bank for $200, and having room to expand with a single PCI card.

I'm no longer excited about this.  :(

Let me see if I can engage in a little bit of market manipulation tonight, since Mark is in town ;)