Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Y0ungBra1n

How many of you have DSL or ISDN?

45 posts in this topic

How many of you guys have DSL or ISDN and like what the service offers for the price of the service? I hear the DSL is lightning fast, what are your opinions on it?

I envey anyone that has it. My parents don't think its needed, they just think i'm doing something wrong and thats why it goes so dam slow!!! They don't fuckin know cause they don't use it!!! Great, i got myself pissed off..

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

DSL always depends on the provider.

I have Bellsouth DSL 49.95 per month and I get consistant 1.4-1.5 MB/s connections. My upstairs neighbors had earthlink for the same price and they were only getting half that throughput. And I know damn good and well that they were on the same equipment right up to the building. But bellsouth prolly limits them (like the assholes that they are) abusing their control of the infrastructure.

I have Dial up, up until the 1st of July, then we get adelphia digital cable ISDN. We can have up to three people on at once! That means that I can come to Stankdawg.com while my dads at work.

Nice man, your lucky. I'm still terying to convince my parents.

BTW, not pissed any more!!! :D

i have adelphia powerlink.........thats what their cable internet service is called... its pretty fast..

LOL, good luck, try telling them that they can watch TV with Adelphia digital cable and get on the internet. It is cheaper with the cable TV already included.

LOL, good luck, try telling them that they can watch TV with Adelphia digital cable and get on the internet. It is cheaper with the cable TV already included.

i think its like 10 bucks cheaper...

I'm not sure if thats avalible by me. But i'm not getting verizon dsl, my friend went from cable to verizon dsl (his moms choice), and it sucks. Thats be cause its actually adsl, so depending on... oh you all know how it works. But anyway they thought it was like their own personal line.

i had qwest dsl for about 6 mnths and my speed on the internet was decent ( they didn't lie about being faster than dial up) but the problem was that i would get about 70k downloads on the net and p2p it was like 5-7k.... then i went to cable and i got my internet downloads up to 900kps and p2p was about 50k-100k

I think its cause the cable technology is newer, I know what verizon did is blow all their cash to set up a network when it first came out, and now they don't have enough to upgrade (mostly cause people are moving to cable).

dont flame me for saying this...

im on aol cable. and let me point out that it SUCKS! im end up on dial up half the time because its alaways fuking broken. as a matter of fact im on dialup right now. :pissed: goddamn you aol mutherfukkas!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!! That bite the big one in services i've seen!!! :grr:

You should be able to get Adelphia power link wherever you get Adelphia Digital Cable.

well i'm out. I live in 732-920-xxxx. that should be enough info for some one to find my town. but thats all you get.

Man, that sucks, there has to be some other way. We had two options:

1. Superfast Wireless DSL from Skynet Access

2. Adelphia Powerlink

We-my mom and dad-chose Powerlink

I had such a great idea. If i had the funding, I had a plan to start a small wireless dsl service. I only needed $20,000. I would be rolling in cash, but i would have to stop things like phreaking, if i started a thing like that. Good thing i couldn't get the funding. I know what your all thinking, but my plan was water proof!!!

Well, good luck PhreakBlaze, and keep your eyes peeled for DSL or ISDN. BTW did you get my email?

didn't check yet will in a few.

Read it, I hope it is useful in some way. BTW my dad says I can get a Virgin Mobile phone, if I pay for it myself. If you get one too, we could txt message for 10 cents a message, or talk for 25 cents a minute (until 10 minutes when its only 10 cents a minute).

that works, but if i can land a job i'm getting a real cell for day time, but i might need a prepaid for my night time adventures. The prepaid would not be regestered in my name. thtas why

Actually, right now, I think that the rates are bad for Mobile cell fones. 25 cents a minute is not cheap! But, a good thing about those is that TXT messaging is only 10 cents. Right now, you might as well have a prepaid calling card or Set of red box tones if those still work in your area (they do in mine) for your best bet. That's probably all for today, I'll try to get on lata!

res boxes are dead now.

well when my computer does'nt have it problems i'm on dsl...