Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ragweed

starting a radio show

14 posts in this topic

okay ya so id like to start a radio show but i have no clue how and i listend to epipsode 69 of rfa. SO YOU GUYS BETTER HELP ME OR ELSE ILL 1337 H4X0R USING SUBSEVEN!!! j/k but really though i need some information on how to get started. :help:

hmm, well, i guess getting a good mic and equipment would be the first steps....ask dual and slipmode and screamer......

well as far as mic's go id want a omni direcrtional one but what are the prices now adays? cause i really dont want to shell out more that 10 bucks

well as far as mic's go id want a omni direcrtional one but what are the prices now adays? cause i really dont want to shell out more that 10 bucks

I have 2 mics...the main one i use is a cheap 15 dollar standard mike that plugs into the soundcard.

I bought a digital USB omnidirectional mike (normally 70 bux, on clearance for 30) and tried it but it sukked. It picks up waaaay too much detail and background noise (even with filtering on) and it makes everyone sound like they are in a tunnel.

Maybe you will have better luck, but I tried both and went to the old skool.

hmm in that case ill just go to walmart and get a unidirectional one for 9.99

Okay soo one question how much did it cost to get rfa stanks new show binary revolution (i think) going? If you dont mind could you guys possibly list what hardware/software that you are using to do these. You dont need to go into too much detail about the hardware. I run alot of sound for musicals, vocal jazz groups, and ive done a few recordings.

Okay soo one question how much did it cost to get rfa stanks new show binary revolution (i think) going? If you dont mind could you guys possibly list what hardware/software that you are using to do these. You dont need to go into too much detail about the hardware. I run alot of sound for musicals, vocal jazz groups, and ive done a few recordings.

go way back and listen to episode 33

...how do you make a show?...time, effort and love, Audacity, dBpowerAMP, WinAMP 2.81, and SHOUTcast DSP plugin...

now all ive gotta do is get a mic from wallyworld, make a 1/2 demo tape, and see if rant radio likes it. :)

it appears that my radio show is going to be put on hold for a looooonnnnnggg time. like say 4-5 years or at least until i get out of my current house. sorry. :( :cry:

why exactly?

read this it might explain alot herealso i cant get online unless shes not home or when shes asleep usually around 11-12 o clock. i dont forsee a bright future in the upcoming years im trying to get some concreate evidence against her but its gonna be hard

starting your own radio show is really time consuming and difficult. I thought of starting on also, but it is a lot of work. I will stick to listening to rfa and BinRev radio when it comes out hehe