Fracer

HACKER PERSONALITY

41 posts in this topic

... All this stuffs good..helps alot.. I didnt think ha4x0rs were THAT diversed with the exception of international...... I My self is pretty unpredictable and you would never guess I am into the stuff that I am into... I think the hackers unpredictable personalities are one of the reasons we are so deceptive in certain situations...plus blending in with the crowd helps not draw too much attention.

gah maybe its just me cause i woke up but the way you speak of hackers it makes it sound like we have something to hide... I have nothing to hide, im not scared if people know my face or my name... see the idea of a cloaked dark person in the shadows as hackers is what give the illusion of negativity to media and everyone else. The moment we start talking about blending in and stuff it scares people. There is no need to blend in because hackers are all around.

There is no need to blend in because hackers are all around.

Some of us NEED to keep a low pro, and some of us DONT really mind about it that much......it all depends what you do with your spare time in your room...heh;)

Some of us NEED to keep a low pro, and some of us DONT really mind about it that much......it all depends what you do with your spare time in your room...heh;)

the only person i'm afraid to catch me while doing my stuff in my room is my mother ... ... ...

I like secrecy in what I do. I work with stealth. -shrug-

skimpy lookin' - Yes.

anti-social - 100% Opposite

intelligent - People say I am. <_<

paranoid - Yes.

dont trust anyone - Yes.

very deceptive - Sometimes.

And I actually became very paranoid and untrusting thanks to the hacking world. I've hung out with some bad eggs. :(

Edited by MoD

Its one of those things though...For instance, even though I am totally open about who I am, it doesn't mean I have to be open about what exactly I do completely and I have the ability to white lie to protect myself or others.

See media continues to portray us as dark and in the shadows only because thats how we make ourselves be portrayed as. So the next time they talk about hackers being criminals and lurking in the dark, its not just the media's fault but everyones fault for giving the media something to work with. Im probably going to piss alot of people off but its true.

PLUS and this is a big PLUS for you guys to realize... if your using your handles that you have on this board to do any sort of grey/black hatness, you already have exposed yourselves more than your cloak can hide and once again there is no point in continuing to be mysterious or dark... I mean seriously lets face it if anyone wanted to get information about any of us out there, its there for anyone to find wether you'd like to think you were super duper careful about things. welcome to the world of the internet.

the only person i'm afraid to catch me while doing my stuff in my room is my mother ... ... ...

so true, that is why god created locks and anonymous proxy servers.

and i would like to add there is always i time and a place to be deceptive and low pro, but on average being normal and not trying to be deceptive is steathy enough

as far as the pictures go... there photoshoped :D we all know hackers don't talk to girls *gasp*

Edited by batman24

So what did she teach you?

That should be interesting.....(Ok...when I say give me a D spank me twice..ok ;))

Seriously was she like a h4x0r chik or something? cuz I have only met 1 chick in my lifetime thats a h4x0r....

She schooled my ass on some core cisco networking concepts that I thought I was fairly knowledgeble about. It totally came out of nowhere now I occationally keep in contact with her when I run into odd BGP4 issues. Like they say... don't judge a book by its cover.

A stereotype will always be around, for pretty much everything. As a group tho, I find it better to spend more time working and learning then figuring out what a hacker is, and what the term should mean.

Instead of thinking how I want to define myself I'll go out and read or learn. Casual discussion doesn't bother me, but if every time I pick up a programming/security/sysadmin book I have to read a definition of the word hacker and what it does and doesn't mean I get pretty pissed off. Just my feelings.

I don't really like to use the term 'hacker' to classify people, rather, to classify communities. It only leads to 'omfg im a l33t0rz h4x0r'.

and i would like to add there is always i time and a place to be deceptive and low pro, but on average being normal and not trying to be deceptive is steathy enough

as far as the pictures go... there photoshoped :D we all know hackers don't talk to girls *gasp*

hey, you should post your opinion on the GOD FOLLOWUP Thread in...Offtopic i think

hey, you should post your opinion on the GOD FOLLOWUP Thread in...Offtopic i think

don't worry i have already stated my views on god

now that i am on the topic. do the majority of hackers NOT belive in god?

now that i am on the topic. do the majority of hackers NOT belive in god?

Ive been waiting to ask this question as well....... to my understanding I dont think majority of the hackers dont believe in god....but ... thats just what i think....it'll be more accurate if everyone answers

well here is my view i think the mass of hackers don't belive in god because they are more scientific in the way they view thing. and lets face it science and religion don't go well together.

there is my view on it