Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Y0ungBra1n

Any way to tap the Jungle cans?

31 posts in this topic

Is there a way to beige box those Cans with the Jungle of wires that are in bundles? I mean those without a terminal.

get me a pick and i'll see. Also, there might be a diagram or somthing in there that can help you.

dowsnt matter what size or shape their is atleast one active line in a can or cabnet take a line voltage testor and test the wires thats what i do

I think he wants to know how to navigate through the piles of wire.

well sometimes they have guides but if they dont get out a line voltage testor a 3v- 12v is what i use

Those cans wire cabinets or whatever you all call them, have a pretty organized in side(or atleast the ones i opened). I don't open the little green ones, because they really do have just a big mess of wire. like the lineman gave it a bad haircut or something.

the thing is the little ones (cans) are hell to go through with the line testor sometimes because you go to the same wires every so often, the big ones (cabnets) you knwo the ones that look like they should be in a metal house for like a towel cabnet... well thoes should have navigation papers in them and as i hear it... sometimes they got presents in them... thanks to blaze for telling me about it... i still yet to go in one lately... what size are the bolts does anyone know so i dont need to bring them all at 12 at night

7/16 my friend. I've opened like about 14 diffrent ones and only once i found a linemans handset. I had checked once for 5 months before i found one. Even if you don't find one, its still a good op to go boxing. :P

well i plan to do more... ive only opened one big one mostly small ones... great place to work

I still guess I don't understand, can you connect into these boxes or not?

From what i see when you open them up. your better off at wireing cabenits, or that remote switching stuff you found.!!! :D

That makes sense, I think I'll stay with the ESS system, but how do I use this new thing, I've heard about it, but I don't know what it is.

oh, you found out more, get the system type, and almost every one here will tell you somethnig you can do.

Ok, thanks PhreakBlaze. (It seems that I am saying that a lot, but i think thats k, right?)

yes you can tap cans... one way is to strip the wire heh but that might take a bit of effort and time... better off going to cabnets

Cans are better becuase you just hook gator clips to the little screws, and it easy to tell wich pair odf screws work. What color "cross connect" cable does your cans use inside, new york city uses blue and white, but my town uses purple and white. Purple like a fricken teletubie. God, the verizon co in my town is GAY!!! Oh, the only reason i know what color they use is because my dad lets me go down to the basment of his car dealership and play with the under ground wires that go through. When i finish there i fool with the companys pbx. In fact his old one got warn out so he replaced it with exactly the same type, but new, so i have a pbx to fool around with in my closet. I'm so gald i remembered, i think its meridian. got to dig it out. When verizon was putting in new wires in the building the left a like 300 FT spool of 100 pair cable in there so my dad put it to the side and saved it for me. happy day :D:D^_^

interesting... i think ill stick to phreaking my local CO heh

Spaz, thanks for answering my ? and I hope to try that, as soon as I get a line tester and am able to cut the insulation off the wire on the first try!!!

Just use a pocket knife, or kitchen nife to strip a small part of.

Thanks for that tip PB.

i use one of thoes aito wire stripers that RS has and sells for like 25 bucks... i got mine for free though

Thanks for the tip, and let me guess how you got them for free...

Personaly, i havent had to go in the type that needs me to strip wires. no good place to do it on those types. <_<<_<<_<