ragweed

need help setting up my modem

7 posts in this topic

okay well if figured out my modem is a winmodem i couldnt acctualy find something that says it is, but i used some google tricks and found out from dell. (the people i got my modem from) said that it was supported in win 2000 and win XP. Now, i checked linmodems.org to figure out how i can get my modem working but it didnt help. All i know is that i have to recompile the kernel. My modem is a

Conexant D480 MDC V.92 linux and its PCI and internal

when i look at /proc/pci I see

Bus 0, device 31, function 6:

Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/ CAM AC ' 97 Modem (rev 2).

IRQ 10.

I/Q at 0x2400 [0x24ff].

I/Q at 0x2000 [0x207f].

i officaly have no clue what to do :help:

Conexent only makes winmodems, although they do have a linux driver setup for data only.

I belive they used to be known as "Hays", not sure.

C4 just told me about an IRC channel that's really helpful. I'll find out and let you know.

Hop on irc.freeNode.net

The network is populated by helpful channels, I'm willing to bet there's a #winmodems or something too.

Try a distro specific channel (#slackware, #redhat, etc...), or generic help channel (#linux, #linux-help). I hang in #linuxsphere.

-C4

i talked to the guys in linux-sphere they were the only guys that helped me out of the irc channels i tiried they refered me to linuxant.com so i download the driver and installed them but now i dont know what to do