Dr. Z2A

New zine

25 posts in this topic

Exvitel and I have decided to start a new zine called "InfoHack". We figure that the more zines to get information out the better, so we're starting this one. We are hoping to have a lot of resources to help beginners to get into hacking because there seems to be a shortage of that, but we also want to have a rich supply of more advanced hacking articles.

Currently we are looking for article submissions about hacking/phreaking. If you want to submit, email the article to us at either docz2a@gmail.com or exvitel@gmail.com

Rock on!! ( yeah I know I am a 1@|\/|3|2 )

I cant wait, hopefully I can add some articles of some value.

GridX

Sure we will take your articles, all articles, and evaluate them.

The first will be about hacking and phreaking and their definitions in depth, also a lot more about the absolute basics.

Info_hack was inspired by me because having a zine that started from the absolute beggening and building up as you learn, is how people can learn faster. I asked for the help of the Doc, and we have some great ideas!

Info_Hack-comming soon

I was thinking along the same lines for a zine. I haven't really gotten around to it though. It's going to be slightly more than a txt file so it's taking up much mroe of my time than regualrly expected, but if anyone has any articles they want published ( + desktop of the month) email them to me at oddflux@gmail.com :)

We'd be making a E-Zine that isn't just a textfile as well, and it would sort of be like phrack, releasing issues when they come around.

Good luck with the zine. I'd be interested in writing an article or two. I've got mad gr4mm3r wr1t1n6 s1llz!

-un

I'm also working on it, so hello people.

Nice man very nice. I would also like to help, and guess what I have?

Eight big binders full of information from the Electronic Switch System... Like 400 pages a peice. It is full of diagrams and other cool stuff about the phone system. Also I wouldn't mind typing a article for you.

--Bill Gevstorvsky

Edited by Bill_Gevstorvsky

Wow, do you need the binders, because I'll buy 'em from you.

AWESOME

hey is your zine gonna be as good as your show?

Depends if you think that the show sucks or is good lol. All I can say is this zine will be awesome (so as good as the show assuming you like the show).

I've found the single good thing about band trips due to this btw. That being that long bus rides are very good places to work and concentrate efficiently :) I'm getting my articles done a lot faster thanks to the marching season starting now.

We now have an email address for article submissions. If you have an article to submit you can send it to infohacksubmissions@gmail.com

I'm sure there will be more than one release, so even if you don't get it in on time for the first zine, it may be used it future editions.

Cool, then when do you plan to release the first issue of the zine?

That's cool, yeah, give updates. I'm probably going to start with the radio show pretty soon along with the zine and forums.

If anyone has any photoshop or streaming experience it'll be of alot of help. Thanks.

Cool, then when do you plan to release the first issue of the zine?

We have no clue. Probably not for a while. Life gets in the way of writing as much as I would like, so it will get out as soon as we can get it out.

If anyone has any photoshop or streaming experience it'll be of alot of help. Thanks.

I have some streaming experience, it's realy no big deal. Just PM me tell me what can I help with or something.

Edited by psyke

I took a class in school for Photoshop. It depends on what I would need to do. pm me if you havn't found someone yet.

triman

Update:

Ok, Exvitel wanted me to tell everyone that life is getting in the way of making the zine, it will get out, but it might take a while while we wait for breaks from school.

I'd love to help out. :)

Any good programmers,

We would love to have some simple tutorials in C, Python, Perl, ASM any...

OR you could be a series, every issue having a mre advanced program