GridX

Has anyone tried PENTOO ?

14 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has tried the PENTOO live cd, its a Gentoo Penetration testing distro,

I am thinking of trying it, I use Auditor and WHAX (they are joining forces soon, they just need a name)

before I download it and try it I was wondering if you guys have had your hands on it, need some opinions.

GridX

never tried it myself, in fact this is the first I've heard of it haha, might be hard to squeeze into that niche of security livecds but *shrug*

And why can't they just call their project 'Wuditor?' :D

this might be interesting to try out :)

but the real reason for this post is that they shuold call the distro AWW_HAX!!!

</bad joke>

Sounds good.. I'm not a gentoo fan myself. It might be worth a try though.

but the real reason for this post is that they shuold call the distro AWW_HAX!!!

</bad joke>

No way, it *should* be OMG_BBG_HAX

</worse_joke>

Edited by Evolve

I just tried it. Its got some pretty interesting stuff I havent seen on Whoppix or Phlak (maybe im just not looking hard enough). /me digs it

never tried it myself, in fact this is the first I've heard of it haha, might be hard to squeeze into that niche of security livecds but *shrug*

And why can't they just call their project 'Wuditor?' :D

I prefer Whaxitor. Sorry to thread hijack, just too tempting. Seems like it could be worth a shot, If it works out then pentoo is another tool to have around.

What so pentoo argh, now I have to try it out

i actually didn't like it much

i don't like liveCDs really

It looks like it was made by someone who knows how to make a livecd. And that's all.

Just use WHAX.

</bad joke>

I've wanted to do a distro for a long time. You can rest assured that, when that happens, it will have "HAX" somewhere in the title.

Heh, I'm planning to get gentoo eventually, it seems soemwhat cool, I can't get it now unfortunately due to the fact that the P4 I'm on usually isn't mine, but a family members, after my 1.7 got distroyed and my P2 isnt really of much use, I might get a 2.8 or something, dual boot gentoo + ubuntu or somethin.

It's somewhat frustrating watching instead of doing stuff. :P