Voldemort

Directsound output v2.4 Fix

5 posts in this topic

Hey all, I got a supreme problem. Like I'm fucked if this can't be fixed problem. So I was using my computer and I am not one to install new or weird shit on my computer, but I tried to use winamp and I get this error. DirectSound Output v2.4 (d) Error: 88780078. So naturally I thought my sound drivers on-board were corrupt and I uninstalled, reboot and reinstalled em. Restarted computer and still no boot up sound. So today I finally get my hands on a new (to me) sound card. With all audio uninstalled and show hidden in system device every thing was removed. I then reboot with new hardware (soundcard) installed. My system did not recognize the hardware. I tried manually installing generic driver and with no luck. So finally I am breaking down here and begging you all if you have any any ideas as to how I can fix this please share.

The extent of this has gone so far as to remove my pci bus and reinstall that. It did nothing. One would think that if the error is Directsound Output v2.4 error 88780078 that if you reinstalled directx that it would work again. I am not going to reinstall my o.s. and I do believe that there is a reinstaller or the likes that will fix it. Happy uninstaller will not work directx erradicator will not work. Any ideas. My tech savvy brother swears that next weekend he will bring a directx installer cd and that should fix it. I dont think it will though. I can download directx 9.0c installation but it wont reinstall or repair it. I tried a analogx directx reg fixer. With no avail. So the only thing I can think of is the audio connector to a cd/dvd drive that connects on board was removed w/ the cd/dvd drive. But I think, 98% positive, that I removed that after the problem began.

So if you know how to repair directsound or reinstall directx please help me.

Argh Matey :pirate:

hey thank you for the one website. that was the most informative. How ever i have googled the shit out of this problem. So here are my specs. I use a ep-4g4a motherboard. It does have on board sound. However I did just get a sound card pci. So I am guessing that if I go to my bios and disable ac'97 sounds and not have it set on auto that maybe my comp will try and auto find the new hardware. cause as of right now it doesnt do shit it reinstalls instantly 401-midi drivers or some shit. Windows defaults. I am understanding that I should uninstall and reinstall certain drivers and devices but to no avail still. I have put at least some 15 solid hours into research online and off on how to fix this problem. I am all about satisfied in giving an explaination as to what it is.

My answer. A malicous attack on illegal music downloaders. What else could it be? I have not installed anything removed anything or done any radical attempt of changing my system configuration as of the time my sound weent out. mmmmmkay. So many people are reporting this kind of activity, as of recently, also happening to them to. So my other answer. FUCK THE INDUSTRY. FUCK RECORD LABELS. AND FUCK POLITICIANS that are in support of stopping MUSIC DOWNLOADs.

But TechBizz Thank you so much again for that website :D I am hoping in the next couple hours I get my shit working again. or maybe win me an xbox 360. that would make me happy -_-

:voteyes: word :voteyes:

Disabling the onboard sound could most likely be the fix you're looking for.

Unfortunatly I think the sound card I acquired is bunk and I think my current on board sound card has gone defunct. I am going to fry's this week. Get a cheap 10 dolla plug in play pci card. Then we will see.

Thanks again techbiz for your help. :rock:

word.