PsypherX

SHMOOCON 2006!

40 posts in this topic

Pay me $150 so I can preregister you at $75 and I'll find a way to get you a hotel room with the other $75. Sure, you may be sharing the room with 15 other people but at least you'll have a place to stay!

:D

BlackRachet and tehbizz, Have I not explained myself all ready. For god fucking sake. I Allready have made note of the great value for a 3day event. It it were a one day event id say fuck no. But its a 3day event with an all inclusive package. and at 75 preregister thats amazing. But if it were a one day event I could find a hotel for a day for 34.99 and at 35 dollars for a half to one day event then wouldnt be to bad either. Look prices for events normally arent 150 unless your going to see some one like celion dion or u2 or some other crappy artist and they are afriad that if they dont jack their prices up some ridiculus amount then they wont make a penny or that they have too many explosions and can't pay for it otherwise. Point is I agree a 3 day event is worth every penny at 75 dollars and is still an excellent value at 150 for those who had not heard of it til later. Accomedations wether it had been a bus ride 50 dollars anywhere in the usa Greyhound style. And hotel motel 6 style 34.99 would have been after tax still under 100 dollars I would then gladly have paid 50 for the one day. But Now thanks to people with PATIENCE like the great Evolve who EXPLAINS that it was not a one day but three day event. Thank you

Word.

Hear that you two!

"great"

w00t

"Flattery will get you everywhere"

Mae West

Congrats! You have just made n00b-scritpt-kiddy award of the year!! :bday: except no presents of your precious "5P0175" that work.

Obviously you know nothing about hacking. Mabet you should read this before you post anymore ignorant posts. Hacking isnt about using the exploits, it's about knowing how they work, why they work, and any knowledge you can receive. Thats why at cons they dont give you a how-to hack, they show you why hacking is and how everything works, most of all it is KNOWLEDGE BASED.

I might not be more of, your definition, a hacker than you, but I sure am no script-kiddie looking for scripts that remotly root the boxes, and if i ever so should i would read as to why it works.

BTW- you will hold the award until

#!/bin/sh

#n00b.sh

echo "N00b"

exec n00b.sh

ends, or microsoft becomes leet.

[right][snapback=141525][/right]

what was ignorant about my post? i was not saying that hacking is about using the exploits, i was saying that the stuff they teach you can't teach you how to "root somebody's box" because you can't use those techniques to root somebody's box anymore once they tell you about it... they do however offer you a great insight on how things work and whats wrong with this terrible system we call security... that was all i was saying... now not saying im a script kidde or not or a hacker or not but i feel there are FAR stupider posts that deserve the script kiddie of the year award, NO? so thanks for pretty much paraphrasing what i previously posted....

Patience has very very little to do with reading the site in the first place...which is what Evolve did.

Exvitel, you are such a n00b.

#!/bin/sh
#n00b.sh
echo "N00b"
exec n00b.sh

Won't work.

n00b.sh is *not* int /bin or /usr/bin or any of the other place that the shell will look for for executables or scripts. It should be:

#!/bin/sh
#n00b.sh
echo "N00b"
exec ./n00b.sh

If you don't do that, then he is only a n00b for a tiny fracton of a second (depending on the speed of you box).

I'm guessing that it will give you an error right after it prints out n00b once.

And Microsoft is 1337 and you know it dammit, they hired the gentoo guy, the now have to be 1337.

</sarcasm>

Note to all: Do not use bash scripts, use perl, it's exponentially better.

Well If I scrounge up the dough in five years or so maybe my wife and I will attend. But until then I will dream.

Word.

Thanks for the fix Merk :D , I Haven't shell scripted in a while.

:ATTN: I was Pwnd by Merk :ATTN:

But really, thanks I forgot that I guess, and I'm going to get back into scripting so that will make me remember.

Thanks for the fix Merk :D , I Haven't shell scripted in a while.

:ATTN: I was Pwnd by Merk :ATTN:

But really, thanks I forgot that I guess, and I'm going to get back into scripting so that will make me remember.

definitely need to change your title to !=31337

jkjkjkj ;PP

A $75 reg is cheaper than it was last year. At toorcon, beetle pointed out that it's getting cheaper year by year.

I'm going not only to see all my friends that I only get to see at cons, but to see what kinda cool shit the Shmoo is working on. Those guys are fucking awesome.

see you there.