Strom Carlson

Sprint's New Logo

33 posts in this topic

Interesting, my "Service Plans and Rates" brochure doesn't have the "Together with Nextel". I got these the first weekend this September I believe, so not super new either.

nextel1ml.jpg

I don't see a pin drop (the angles are all wrong, and the rebound theory makes little sense, since the impact makes the noise, not the rebound), I see a wing in motion.

I hate to beat a dead horse but check out this animation. It's on their TV commercials too...

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eeuhp0902053ca.swf

Edit: I love it when they make it easy for the collectors:

http://www.sprinttvads.com/media/

Edited by BlakeOPS

The logo is a combination of the the cursor at the end of the the nextel logo, you know the "NEXTEL |" and the "pin drop" effect. Since the whole NEXTEL Done.| thing was the current campaign it was decided to play off of that.

The Logo reflects the new merger... pure shit.

In my opinion, Sprint really needed to back up off of that yellow just a little bit. Its a logo guys not a fucking roadsign!!!...Anyways my offering isnt that much better, but it serves to illustrate how they should have softened the background a little bit by adding a gradient and lowering the opacity so that it isnt all up in your face.

post-2673-1128260103_thumb.jpg

Arent logos supposed to be vibrant and constantly recognizable?

I really have no problem with the new logo, I dont think updated logos hurt every now and then. Its usually important to keep things looking fresh anyways.

In my opinion, Sprint really needed to back up off of that yellow just a little bit.  Its a logo guys not a fucking roadsign!!!...Anyways my offering isnt that much better, but it serves to illustrate how they should have softened the background a little bit by adding a gradient and lowering the opacity so that it isnt all up in your face.

Nuprin's slogan was "Little. Yellow. Different." :)

In my opinion, Sprint really needed to back up off of that yellow just a little bit.  Its a logo guys not a fucking roadsign!!!...Anyways my offering isnt that much better, but it serves to illustrate how they should have softened the background a little bit by adding a gradient and lowering the opacity so that it isnt all up in your face.

Nuprin's slogan was "Little. Yellow. Different." :)

I thought it sounded too familiar to be considered original...what I didn't know was that it was used to describe ibuprofen. Binrev teaches me something new everyday it seems. Nevertheless I am hoping that Sprint didn't take this concept and run with it...it could spell legal trouble for them in the months ahead.

The reason I chose this slogan in the first place was to convey Sprints closeness with their customer base. I wanted something short, catchy and something with the word 'yellow' in it....something that said to the world..."This isnt your fathers Telcom giant...This is Sprint. Were not like those other guys...Were a friendly company...When you become our customer...You become part of our family. Were totally understanding of your needs. For example...if you can't pay your phone bill right away...no biggie...just come and talk to us about it....we'll try to work out some lay-a-way program..." Weather or not I was able to translate that effectively however, still remains to be seen...

I thought it sounded too familiar to be considered original...what I didn't know was that it was used to describe ibuprofen.  Binrev teaches me something new everyday it seems.  Nevertheless I am hoping that Sprint didn't take this concept and run with it...it could spell legal trouble for them in the months ahead.

The reason I chose this slogan in the first place was to convey Sprints closeness with their customer base.  I wanted something short, catchy and something with the word 'yellow' in it....something that said to the world..."This isnt your fathers Telcom giant...This is Sprint.  Were not like those other guys...Were a friendly company...When you become our customer...You become part of our family.  Were totally understanding of your needs.  For example...if you can't pay your phone bill right away...no biggie...just come and talk to us about it....we'll try to work out some lay-a-way program..."  Weather or not I was able to translate that effectively however, still remains to be seen...

I think you have nothing to worry about - Sprint is already entrenched in their new brand program and isn't going to suddenly change their slogan a mere three months after introducing "Yes you can."

And BTW, with a market cap of thirty-five billion dollars, I'd hardly describe Sprint Nextel Corp as "Little" :)