Majest|c

Google Earth Is the Ph33r!

43 posts in this topic

Ohh wow, seeing cities mapped that quick is by farthe best rush anyone will give me for a while .... W00t W00t move over mapquest, because here comes " Majesti-Quest" .... :grr:

It's good, but it doesn't have any good details of my area, so boo...

Old, Old, and goodness me its old. Google Earth does need to improve and expand its image database.

most high resolution maps were taken between 1999 and 2000. it's a great idea but it needs updated.

i love google earth too. i wish it were all live and had better quality when you zoomed in really close. i guess there is flaw in this idea though because if google actually did do this then it might be used as a tool by stalkers and predators.

i love google earth too. i wish it were all live and had better quality when you zoomed in really close. i guess there is flaw in this idea though because if google actually did do this then it might be used as a tool by stalkers and predators.

It would be impossible to be "real-time", or live.Just think about it

well if they had some powerful satellites they could pull it off. there would be a huge delay and it all wouldnt be "real-time" at the same time but its as close as we get right now.

the image quality realy changes either it is good (like the pics of NYC) or they suck (like the pictures of Maine or Most of Europe) but it is a fun app

You guys realize that these images might be 5 years old but Google doesn't own a satellite and has to deal with old/decomissioned photos right?

You guys realize that these images might be 5 years old but Google doesn't own a satellite and has to deal with old/decomissioned photos right?

ya. thats why they need to invest in a satellite. more than one actually.

I totally undertstand what you mean, I was talking it over with some friends, google should get live feat so you can view what your cyber chick is wearing and what time she takes a shower in the morning.. :P

lol ya. If this happened the most searched for keyword on Google Earth would be "live pr0n"

The most creepy part of this is how you can see someone's house so well that you can recognize it irl....

And Google doesnt need to buy a satellite. They just need to rent one for a week or how ever long it would need to map the earth, and the water as well.

The most creepy part of this is how you can see someone's house so well that you can recognize it irl....

And Google doesnt need to buy a satellite. They just need to rent one for a week or how ever long it would need to map the earth, and the water as well.

speaking of water... google should somehow get some underwater satellites at some famous underwater places like the great barrier riefs or whatever... that would be pretty gnarly to see from ur computer

Fuck yeah! They should also get some sat's down under in famous caves caverns and other oddities of the world. Maybe even have a toilet cam thats on a remote controlled mouse type device and it could go throught the pipes. To your hottie desire and watch her shit or piss. Lol :yoink: Thats a tad disgusting. I like the cavern idea, Carl's Bad Cavern anyone?

well then it wouldnt be real-time, now would it?

Edited by Debris

They would never let it be real time nor would it ever be real time around the world they would have to have multiple satilights and there would be a ton of ppl trying to see there house and what not.

My house is not even on the map :huh:

well then it wouldnt be real-time, now would it?

Well, from a business pov, renting would be a shitload cheaper then buying, maintaining, fixing, etc. Not to mention replacement price after the satellite eventually crashes when the fuel gets used up. And from that same pov, realtime is a bit pointless, seeing how like only 5~10 people might be able to use it at any time, especially with some people commandeering the api to keep a connection for evar!, and fuel costs from having people send the sat to and fro. Economically, just renting a satellite every 2 years to update maps is the best course of action, since sat tech upgrades would make using the same crap sat every time (if they bought one) very inefficient. Renting every other year means they would have their pick of the best imaging hardware, making them able to get into people's windows and such.

As a community what could we do to make this Google earth Project Better ... i would like to really hear from Iron Geek about this, as I know he play with it... What could we do to make this all better! :grr:

I took a look at the area where I live, as everyone always does, and it is pretty old. A new shopping center was built about 2 years ago and GEarth still shows it as a dirt lot with no sign of construction. <_<

Edited by MoD

Damn, it's great...wonder what the google OS would be like.

Edited by oddflux

As a community  what could we do to make this Google earth Project Better ... i would like to really hear from Iron Geek about this, as I know he play with it...  What could we do to make this all better! :grr:

i liked it better when it was just the keyhole globe software, but i'm willing to help make it better. :voteyes:

Google will probably release Google Voyeur soon enough now that people are demanding real time invasion of privacy!