Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RightCoast

New Show "Nerd TV"

4 posts in this topic

This is an "alternative outlet" IMO. It's pbs.org. There is a new show called Nerd TV and it was pretty damn cool. It's free and downloadable at the link below. I saw Ep 1, it's subject is Andy Hertzfeld, the original Macintosh systems programmer, talking about Apple through years, programming, and OSS. It's good and the next couple of episodes notes are:

#2 Max Levchin

September 13, 2005:

Max Levchin, best known for co-founding PayPal, explains why he is starting his 5th through 7th companies and the virtues of staying up all night.

#3 Bill Joy

September 20, 2005:

Sun Microsystems co-founder Bill Joy -- the father of Berkeley UNIX -- explains why he was fired from the International House of Pancakes.

November 8, Internet Archive founder Brewster Kahle

November 29th, Linus Torvalds.

It's going to have an episode each with Google's CEO, Woz, Tim O'Reilly and one with TCP/IP inventor Bob Kahn, among others.

This show is going to be pretty cool.

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/nerdtv/

Edited by Evolve

I agree this show is real cool and it's CC so you can take clips from it and remix. I can't wait for someone to mix this with Jason scott's raw video and make some huge history of the net.

Anyway the torrents go super fast but if someone is on dialup I reccomend just getting the audio because the video doesn't add much.

I thought it was a great show too, very interesting stories from Andy Hertzfeld.