Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MeGaBiTe1

Cellphone Voicemail

4 posts in this topic

First off, I am definitely a a beginner to phreaking so sorry if this has already been discussed. I did search though, and couldn't find anything similar.

I was just curious about voicemail systems on cellphones.

I use SunCom as my cell carrier. In order to check my voicemail I call my cellphone number and put in the passcode. I assume that's pretty standard for all cell companies.

I can also hit star, dial in the phone number of another SunCom customer, and check their mail if I know their password.

What I wanted to know is is it possible to check the voicemail of someone who uses a different cell company then you? Just curious dont flame me.

yea, you can just call thier cell number, wait for their voicemail box to pickup ,and hit # ,that is the standard for most voicemail boxes, and even on some homephone voicemail boxes you can use pound to get a password prompt. and on cellular providers like cingular, if you are calling from the phone number, that is the same number as the voicemail it does not prompt you for the password. so im prettysure if you spoofed thier number, and called thier VM box you could get in w/o a password.

*edit* excuse me for confusing star with pound

Edited by spy1325

First off to the poster above me, its standard to hit # when their voicemail picks up to get the password prompt. If you are already at a password prompt you would hit * to get to the prompt to enter a new number.

As far as I know there is no way of using that #* method to get into voicemail boxes outside of your cellular provider. I know with verizon if you do this you can only get the password prompt if they have the same first 6 digits as you.(of a 10 digit number of course). The only way to get into someones box is to know someone on their provider, and convince them to not pick up when you call them, then you can do #* and input in the persons mailbox you actually want to get into. If you do it this way you never have to call the person directly.

I believe maybe in the PnG directory and elsewhere there are a few direct voicemail numbers that would allow you to get direct to the voicemail system of a certain provider without having to call a customer directly