Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stacksmasher

Heads UP!

23 posts in this topic

The last week or so I have noticed several new members on the board who's first post requested "questionable" things from other people on the board. Now I know some people will think I am being paranoid. But be careful with people that are on this board unless someone can vouch for them and then still. Most of the stuff we discuss on the board is not illegal YET! but just like wardriving it is only a matter of time before they outlaw everything we do.

Be careful!

USE ENCRYPTION!

ENCRYPT EVERYTHING!

There is another crackdown coming.

There are far more "questionable" forums than binrev. Binrev doesn't discuss anything unlawful or even controversial except perhaps advocating free speech and open media.

Scan IRC and you'll find more interesting, "questionable" things.

The last week or so I have noticed several new members on the board who's first post requested "questionable" things from other people on the board. Now I know some people will think I am being paranoid. But be careful with people that are on this board unless someone can vouch for them and then still. Most of the stuff we discuss on the board is not illegal YET! but just like wardriving it is only a matter of time before they outlaw everything we do.

Be careful!

USE ENCRYPTION!

ENCRYPT EVERYTHING!

There is another crackdown coming.

So when the FBI kicks down your door you can say:

"I swear I wasn't doing anything bad, but you can trust me because the files are encrypted. Tee hee!"

no but they will have a harder time proovin in :P

Yes, but you will likely sit in jail for a good long while for contempt of court until you produce the keys.

Well recently over the past few days or so, we've had some novices that're interested in cracking and what not.. I feel its right to feel a little insecure about what we discuss, all of this hasn't been termed illegal, but those that glace randomly would assume so...

I have also noticed on my most active post there was something totally unrelated to it on there which was a little questionable... I swear to god those damn feds, lucky for me I am in russia, I would like to see the US swat team or something try to get into Russia, or even past our boarder.

But still if there is a crackdown coming, be very paranoid, wipe your hard drives, and view binrev from a live CD. I think that its total crap that you all have to take security measures because some ass whipe goverment decided to make a crack down, I am with you and be sure to get paranoid everybody.

BinRev is for information only, so if your a Fed reading this, why don't you do as our fellow member suggested, SCAN IRC FOR QUESTIONABLE ACTIVITY, or mabey even CRACK DOWN ON THE RUSSIAN MAFIA FOR PIRATING SOFTWARE AND MUSIC, NOT INNOCENT KIDS....

I swear if this realy does go down, just remember Kevin Mitnick, three years without a trial which isn't a very happy time...

Also if you all want freedom downtime, catch me in the IRC channel and I will give it to you.

--Bill Gevstorvsky

Edited by Bill_Gevstorvsky

I think everybody's just blowing this way out of proportion. Kids get on these sites that say "hacking" and think it's all about warez and breaking into people's boxes, not knowledge. It happens. Hell, I was one of them, even though that was 10 years ago.

Even if some of these new guys did prove to be feds, then that could be proven as such through FOIA requests asking about the details of the alleged "crackdown," and all evidence related to the matter would be inadmissable.

So what does this all come down to? DON'T do anything illegal and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Me? I have a home network I experiment on. I fuck up my shit - no one else's. If you're doing otherwise and are THIS paranoid about it, then perhaps you should reconsider your reasons for doing it in the first place, and whether or not you want to continue.

I have also noticed on my most active post there was something totally unrelated to it on there which was a little questionable... I swear to god those damn feds, lucky for me I am in russia, I would like to see the US swat team or something try to get into Russia, or even past our boarder.

But still if there is a crackdown coming, be very paranoid, wipe your hard drives, and view binrev from a live CD. I think that its total crap that you all have to take security measures because some ass whipe goverment decided to make a crack down, I am with you and be sure to get paranoid everybody.

BinRev is for information only, so if your a Fed reading this, why don't you do as our fellow member suggested, SCAN IRC FOR QUESTIONABLE ACTIVITY, or mabey even CRACK DOWN ON THE RUSSIAN MAFIA FOR PIRATING SOFTWARE AND MUSIC, NOT INNOCENT KIDS....

I swear if this realy does go down, just remember Kevin Mitnick, three years without a trial which isn't a very happy time...

Also if you all want freedom downtime, catch me in the IRC channel and I will give it to you.

--Bill Gevstorvsky

I think that's going a little far, viewing binrev isn't illegal and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nothing posted here is even that bad. Don't break the law and you won't have anything to fear.

We will unite, and internet the earth, our message will be passed!

I think the original poster was referring to people asking for someone to do something for them. Like I recall a poster asking if anyone wanted to help them hack their school. I don't think he's implying that any discussion on BinRev is illegal, just the actions people are asking other people to do.

you guys should be paranoid. Im always paranoid. Today a friend of mine took out nbc.com and showed me the password file. I clicked the link (and have done this with other places too many times) without using a proxy. BE paranoid. Use proxies. Dont say shit to people.

/me kicks himself for clicking the link...such an idiot.

If the webmaster or a mod checks the IP's and WHOIS's them or reverse dns lookup's em, we can know for sure.

I'm almost never paranoid. In fact paranoid people annoy the hell out of me. I'm not paranoid because I KNOW for a fact that no one can pin a crime on me. You can look anywhere and the biggest crime you will see about me commiting is TPing some houses and a little shoplifting. I can sleep easy at night cause the feds would never have a warrant for my arrest. Sure I've come close to breaking the law, but believe me I know the law and I never have crossed that line (except for the street crimes I just admitted to).

In short, you don't need all that paranoia if you haven't done any shit that will get anyone after you.

I'm not a fed, if you want to know :P.

I am. Don't trust me. Or droops, but for different reasons involving a bag of poo and a lighter. I can't elaborate further, sorry.

Wardriving is NOT a crime.

I dont get why the US has wardriving a crime. Its just useing there AP going on the internet. Besides anyone who doesnt have WEP prolly doesnt know they have spy ware and ad ware, Instead of cracking down on "hackers" they should go after thoses Ad-ware spy-ware creaters!

Circumventing copyright protection is illegal.

Well recently over the past few days or so, we've had some novices that're interested in cracking and what not.. I feel its right to feel a little insecure about what we discuss, all of this hasn't been termed illegal, but those that glace randomly would assume so...

As DVD Jon knows all to well.

Edited by Evolve

I dont get why the US has wardriving a crime. Its just useing there AP going on the internet. Besides anyone who doesnt have WEP prolly doesnt know they have spy ware and ad ware, Instead of cracking down on "hackers" they should go after thoses Ad-ware spy-ware creaters!

Going into people's houses is NOT a crime.

I don't get why the US has trespassing as a crime. It's just using people's houses. Besides, if they didn't lock their doors, the prolly don't know how to use a security system. Instead of cracking down on 'burglars' they should go after those people who don't know how to lock their doors!

doyou have no common sense? people pay thier own hard earned money to thier ISP for that service, you don't. sitting outside someone's house and hopping on thier WLAN without permission is no different than walking into thier house and plugging an ethernet cable into one of thier boxes. it is called THEFT OF SERVICE. wardriving is not a crime, but what you're talking about is not called wardriving. it is called stealing.

doyou have no common sense? people pay thier own hard earned money to thier ISP for that service, you don't. sitting outside someone's house and hopping on thier WLAN without permission is no different than walking into thier house and plugging an ethernet cable into one of thier boxes. it is called THEFT OF SERVICE. wardriving is not a crime, but what you're talking about is not called wardriving. it is called stealing.

You are making the assumption that all wardrivers login to the networks, as opposed to mapping the networks. When you are mapping the networks, you are just receiving what they choose to broadcast.

Who circumvented copyright protection?