TrippinX

6.8GHz 1TB RAM and 2TB HDD Laptop?

26 posts in this topic

I just checked out an article on SlashDot its about a new laptop "coming soon" I gotta get me one of those hehe, 1 TB SODIMM ram?! thats the kind of computer needed for doom 3 :P

anyways, check out the full system specs (its running linux :ninja:) and some pics HEEEEERE!!!!?!?!

Edited by TrippinX

It is fake...and some crappy photoshopping skills.

I wouldnt even call that photoshop, more like Windows Paint.

Yes, it is a fake.

It is fake...and some crappy photoshopping skills.

I wouldnt even call that photoshop, more like Windows Paint.

This is obviously fake. There are commas all over those system screens when they are suppose to be periods. Plus it's already been posted

1TB Quantum-Optical non-volatile RAM

you can't have more then 8Gb of ram without a 64bit chip and a 64bit O.S. it is mathimaticly imposible with a 32bit x86 prossesor. so that is a fake.

1TB Quantum-Optical non-volatile RAM

you can't have more then 8Gb of ram without a 64bit chip and a 64bit O.S. it is mathimaticly imposible with a 32bit x86 prossesor. so that is a fake.

Where do you get 8gb from? I believe the number is 64gb without a 64bit chip (assuming pae here)

I like how windows is running on a new chip they just made, it'd have to be an exact x86 clone for windows not to go ape shit, plus all the other comments people have pointed out

This is obviously fake. There are commas all over those system screens when they are suppose to be periods. Plus it's already been posted

Actually in some other countries they reverse their commas and periods so numbers look like this:

1.000.000,45 = 1,000,000.45

Dr. Math agrees

umm 256gb? lol do the math

and yes, i belive you can not have more then 4 gb on a 32bit system, and 8gb on the new 64 bit systems like "vista" haha you can have 8gb BUT WHO NEED 8GBS? and who has the money?

Edited by lilgerman

Hey, there's a P-P-P-Powerbook on sale. Maybe you should buy that too. :roll:

Actually in some other countries they reverse their commas and periods so numbers look like this:

1.000.000,45 = 1,000,000.45

Dr. Math agrees

And in some others, they only use periods. 4.000.000.23=4,000,000.23

Yeah but this company is registered to some dude in New York, so i am ASSuming the commas are incorrect.

That's not even the point, the point is this is fake.

it's total crap.

there's another thread identical to this already going in another section.

perhaps one of the mods could merge them together or close one.

you can tell he microsoft painted the Quatuim ll on there hes a bag of shit when it come to ling

umm 256gb?  lol do the math

and yes, i belive you can not have more then 4 gb on a 32bit system, and 8gb on the new 64 bit systems like "vista" haha you can have 8gb BUT WHO NEED 8GBS? and who has the money?

Microsoft has windows systems that support up to 1TB now. Existing systems on x86 (ppro+) support up to 64gb.

Dude...

1 Terrabyte of ram is like 1,024.000 Gigabytes of ram, which is 1,024.000 Megabytes...

My 512 cost me around 80 dollars... Thats 512 MB.... This is deffinately a fake. Do you know how much a Terrabyte of ram would cost? That my comrade would be expensive....

--Bill Gevstorvsky

Dude...

1 Terrabyte of ram is like 1,024.000 Gigabytes of ram, which is 1,024.000 Megabytes...

My 512 cost me around 80 dollars... Thats 512 MB.... This is deffinately a fake. Do you know how much a Terrabyte of ram would cost? That my comrade would be expensive....

--Bill Gevstorvsky

My understanding is that the 1TB quantum-optical ram (SODIMM factor) is 6000$ and the 2TB quantum-optical ram (pci/ide factor) is 5000$. That's 11k, just for those 2 parts, atleast if you were to buy them individually. The Co will be presenting at CES 06.

The QO Ram is almost certainly real (people dont often patent vaporware). You can extrapolate, from that, an estimated laptop price, should it be real.

Also, you're comparing apples to oranges. This machine has no traditional ram, except possibly on the core of the cpu (assuming you dont opt for the quad pent M config), and in that case it's only 256M. That ram might be QO as well, I can't really tell.

Edited by tiocsti

Dude...

--Bill Gevstorvsky

My understanding is that the 1TB quantum-optical ram (SODIMM factor) is 6000$ and the 2TB quantum-optical ram (pci/ide factor) is 5000$. That's 11k, just for those 2 parts, atleast if you were to buy them individually. The Co will be presenting at CES 06.

The QO Ram is almost certainly real (people dont often patent vaporware). You can extrapolate, from that, an estimated laptop price, should it be real.

Also, you're comparing apples to oranges. This machine has no traditional ram, except possibly on the core of the cpu (assuming you dont opt for the quad pent M config), and in that case it's only 256M. That ram might be QO as well, I can't really tell.

humm what you just said dont make any sense to me

yeah its a fake... but a funny one if you ask me. :borg: I just wish someday to hold the worlds most powerful computer in my hands... That'd be awesome :devil:

Dude...

--Bill Gevstorvsky

But um, Russians don't use dollars? And I'm glad you can count up how much a TB of RAM is.