Bill_Gevstorvsky

Drugs: Ruining the hacking community

140 posts in this topic

Cry me a river. Just because Freud was on cocaine, doesn't mean that ever psychologist to date is.

I respect someones decision if they want to do drugs.  I've done a bit myself (no im not addicted lol).  However there is one annoying thing about it that I'd like to add.  I hate it when I have a legit hacking question i need answered and I ask someone who normally knows, but they are too doped up to know what the fuck im talking about.  Theres a more immediet thing, although I can always ask the next morning.

Ya i know what you mean, i get that a lot.

Neither alcohol or drugs are the problem, it's irresponsible driving...

Driving is not a right, it's a privledge, and we should be more agressive about removing it for a DUI. Not for 30 days, but forever -- irresponsible drivers dont become responsible drivers very easily.

Unfortunately, you are correct. We have a country where driving actually can be viewed as a right due to the nature of getting a license. When you get something extremely easy, it's hard for people to value it, therefore abusing it becomes less of an issue. Mindset is key to creating ideals.

The problem isn't with drugs. The problem is that too many people don't have any clue what "moderation" is. Nothing succeeds(sp?) in kicking your ass like excess.

Exactly. There always is a misconception that all drug use leads to the same places, albeit slightly justified because that's all most people hear about. But some of us, as in people in the world not just here, are shining examples of positive drug use with no "harm" to anyone, including negatively impacting our ability to add to whatever portions of society we choose. It's just too bad we have to hide our actions, otherwise we might actually be able to change some views in the world...

btw, Freud sucked.

I wish I had a problem with drugs!

let me intoduce you to some old friends of mine called Mary Jane and Meth!

Stereotypes about people that use drugs are almost never right.

You've never been to the area i live in (part of the 530)... many towns in the area are overun by white trash tweakers with less teeth then brain cells ... Anyone in Paradise/Chico etc know which town i'm talking about...

It depends on what drugs they're doing.  There aren't a lot of common drugs that will "ruin" your mind, at least physically.  Addiction is an entirely different beast, and it not exclusive to drugs.  Saying that all hackers/phreakers need to stop doing drugs is ludicrous.  Instead, you should research drugs and put the information out there.  I can't stress the fact enough that you won't convince the people in the community to not do drugs by saying "I'm 100% clean, drugs rot your brain, don't do them!"  It only works if you can make a valid argument against specific drugs.  I can argue in favor of taking drugs like LSD, Mushrooms, and Marijuana all day, because I've researched them extensively.  However, I would try to dissuade anyone from doing drugs like Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, etc.

Ultimately, people that gravitate towards the more serious drugs are going to do them, regardless of what someone on a hacking forum tells them, so it's essentially a lost cause.

Your exactly right, Yet none of us is exactly one hundred percent clean, I do believe i can attempt to disuade people from taking drugs like Cocaine, Meth, and Heroin.

I also believe if they want to go through two days of psychadellic hell, let them...

Also marijuana doesn't wreck your mind i did not mean to come across that way...

Most things in books and on the internet on marijuana are myths aimed at disuading people from using them...

--Bill Gevstorvsky

I couldn't agree with you more.. "Hard" Drugs are destroying the hacker/phreak community.. But it doesn't stop there.. Its destroying humanity as a whole..

One good example is my cousin and her kid. They both smoke crystal meth together and are always winding up in jail for domestic violence and theft. Now my cousin's kid is only 16.. hes fucked up his future.. he has nothing to look forward to.. The only thing he can look forward to is mopping shit up in a Burger King to feed his meth habit and his mom (my cousin) isn't helping him get anywhere, shes destroyed his life.

Don't get me wrong.. Crystal Meth and Marijuana are COMPLETELY different. Look at Crystal Meth (or even Alcohol).. What could a Meth user or an Alcoholic do while they are on Meth or Alcohol? They could become violent. You drink and get yourself wasted.. and maybe someone in a bar wants to start shit with you, you end up killing the guy in the parking lot and you pass out... Wake up in jail the next day and you won't even know why you're there until you ask a guard.. Thats how bad Meth (and chronic alcohol use) can get.. and people have got to that point and have to spend the rest of their life regretting whatever they did in a cell.

Now, what could a marijuana user do while they are on pot? The worst thing they could possibly do is just sit on their lazy ass watching TV all day... Now which one is worst?

As you can probably tell from my avatar or sig, I smoke pot. However, I do it responsibly.. I only smoke pot on my time off.. I don't go to work stoned, I don't use my car when I'm stoned, and I don't do it on a daily basis.. Its just something I enjoy doing on my free time.

Edited by \h3x

I couldn't agree with you more.. "Hard" Drugs are destroying the hacker/phreak community.. But it doesn't stop there.. Its destroying humanity as a whole..

One good example is my cousin and her kid. They both smoke crystal meth together and are always winding up in jail for domestic violence and theft. Now my cousin's kid is only 16.. hes fucked up his future.. he has nothing to look forward to.. The only thing he can look forward to is mopping shit up in a Burger King to feed his meth habit and his mom (my cousin) isn't helping him get anywhere, shes destroyed his life.

Don't get me wrong.. Crystal Meth and Marijuana are COMPLETELY different. Look at Crystal Meth (or even Alcohol).. What could a Meth user or an Alcoholic do while they are on Meth or Alcohol? They could become violent. You drink and get yourself wasted.. and maybe someone in a bar wants to start shit with you, you end up killing the guy in the parking lot and you pass out... Wake up in jail the next day and you won't even know why you're there until you ask a guard.. Thats how bad Meth (and chronic alcohol use) can get.. and people have got to that point and have to spend the rest of their life regretting whatever they did in a cell.

Now, what could a marijuana user do while they are on pot? The worst thing they could possibly do is just sit on their lazy ass watching TV all day... Now which one is worst?

As you can probably tell from my avatar or sig, I smoke pot. However, I do it responsibly.. I only smoke pot on my time off.. I don't go to work stoned, I don't use my car when I'm stoned, and I don't do it on a daily basis.. Its just something I enjoy doing on my free time.

can u help me out \h3x

I don't spoonfeed noobs, so quit PMing me.

While we are on the subject of meth i'd just like to add that I only know one person who does/has done meth that hasn't gotten fucked up BAD (that one person being hacnslash :D ) So many guys ive met and known have destroyed their lives with meth. Yah so I really despise meth. Theres my little rant of the day about drugs. Weed is definately ok by me though. As far as weed being legalized, i think it should be legalized but there should be a restriction on how much thc it can contain.

Personally I choose not to do drugs, if you want to, that's fine with me as long as you don't screw up other people's lives by driving while doped up or something. I have one friend in particular that does drugs regularly and he freaking has a higher SAT score than just about everyone at school. He really only smoked dope, but also took Aderol before game days to help him focus. Performance enhancing drugs? Maybe that's why he got such a good SAT score.

Instead of putting a restriction on THC content (which is a bad move because the gov would make it not worth smoking), you should use the same penalties for selling to underage kids (under 21) and triple the penalty to that of alcohol. problem solved.

Bah, as far as I'm concerned, you're an individual whatever you do is you're business, you cannot term drug usage and stamp it on hackers because we're a large community. It's irrational to think that way.

I agree with odd flux when he says that we all are an induviduals and whatever you do is your buiseness, but in making this post I did not mean for it to get like it is now, I mean in a way it did, but please don't accuse me of attempting to stamp the image on hackers... I am a rational human being, from Russia to :D

All this started as was a quick rant before going to work because I just remembered it, and wanted to post it. So please take it as I meant it, thoughts randomly spewing from my mind. And again I reiterrate that I did not intend for the viewers, posters, and readers to percieve that I was attempting to stamp the image of drug users on to hackers, and phreaks. All I wanted to do was make a feeble attempt in the wee hours of the morning to call this to the attention. I hope you all have not lost respect for me, but on a lighter note, Please continue to hack and phreak, because it is our future.

--Bill Gevstorvsky

People should rectify their way of life, diminishing a community isn't politically correct. It's like races, and black people specifically. Alot of the time it is said that " he hates black people, because they steal " alot of black people steal, you cannot diminish their race though because of what a group of them do. The same with drugs, if you wish to stop hackers, from drugs, it'll be better to search for a lexus in the sky. You must teach them to live without drugs, individually.

I agree with that...

I am not against the use of "soft" drugs like marijuana, but only "hard" drugs like heroin (a bad example because its not vere prevalent in the hacking/phreaking community)

--Bill Gevstorvsky

you people DO realize you're incriminating yourselves, stop saying you do illegal drugs, if they subpoena for ip addresses they WILL get them from your isp or any number of other sources. just chill guys -_-

you people DO realize you're incriminating yourselves, stop saying you do illegal drugs, if they subpoena for ip addresses they WILL get them from your isp or any number of other sources. just chill guys  -_-

OMGWTFBBQHAX??!!??!!1!!!1!!

They can do that?

:P

It depends on what drugs they're doing.  There aren't a lot of common drugs that will "ruin" your mind, at least physically.  Addiction is an entirely different beast, and it not exclusive to drugs.  Saying that all hackers/phreakers need to stop doing drugs is ludicrous.  Instead, you should research drugs and put the information out there.  I can't stress the fact enough that you won't convince the people in the community to not do drugs by saying "I'm 100% clean, drugs rot your brain, don't do them!"  It only works if you can make a valid argument against specific drugs.  I can argue in favor of taking drugs like LSD, Mushrooms, and Marijuana all day, because I've researched them extensively.  However, I would try to dissuade anyone from doing drugs like Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, etc.

Ultimately, people that gravitate towards the more serious drugs are going to do them, regardless of what someone on a hacking forum tells them, so it's essentially a lost cause.

Your exactly right, Yet none of us is exactly one hundred percent clean, I do believe i can attempt to disuade people from taking drugs like Cocaine, Meth, and Heroin.

I also believe if they want to go through two days of psychadellic hell, let them...

Also marijuana doesn't wreck your mind i did not mean to come across that way...

Most things in books and on the internet on marijuana are myths aimed at disuading people from using them...

--Bill Gevstorvsky

People will do as they please. "Dont do it! It is bad for you!" wont cut it. "OMG THE TERRORISTS ARE BEING FUNDED IF YOU SMOKE POT!!" ..wont work either. If someone is set on doing something ( a drug, murder, whatever ) ..they will do it. Telling kids that pot ( or whatever drug ) funds terrorists and it ruins them and such may get to a few. Maybe if you are really into this "Drugs bad." thing, find a local junkie and let em talk to the kids . That would probably give them an idea that certain drugs should not be taken. ( Though its probably not wise bringing a random junkie around children. Maybe one that is going through rehab and is willing to talk to children about it?...Probably better(?)) Even then, if [insert name] wants to shoot up some heroin or smoke meth or whatever...It will take place.

This thread needs to die. It serves no actual purpose.

Edit: Before someone says "But alot of the posts here serve no real purpose!!" Then i have said it for you. :) So there isnt much left to say now. End.

Suggestion: A move to "Off-Topic"

Edited by |cfh|

--Bill Gevstorvsky

People will do as they please. "Dont do it! It is bad for you!" wont cut it. "OMG THE TERRORISTS ARE BEING FUNDED IF YOU SMOKE POT!!" ..wont work either. If someone is set on doing something ( a drug, murder, whatever ) ..they will do it. Telling kids that pot ( or whatever drug ) funds terrorists and it ruins them and such may get to a few. Maybe if you are really into this "Drugs bad." thing, find a local junkie and let em talk to the kids . That would probably give them an idea that certain drugs should not be taken. ( Though its probably not wise bringing a random junkie around children. Maybe one that is going through rehab and is willing to talk to children about it?...Probably better(?)) Even then, if [insert name] wants to shoot up some heroin or smoke meth or whatever...It will take place.

This thread needs to die. It serves no actual purpose.

Edit: Before someone says "But alot of the posts here serve no real purpose!!" Then i have said it for you. :) So there isnt much left to say now. End.

Suggestion: A move to "Off-Topic"

I agree with you, for the most part. But I also think you can persuade someone intelligent not to do some drugs by presenting the facts to them. It also helps if they know you're impartial when it comes to drugs.

As far as weed being legalized, i think it should be legalized but there should be a restriction on how much thc it can contain.

That's kind of a stupid thing to say because the less THC means people would have to smoke more of it to get as high as they wanted which would be worse for the person (unless they ate it or used a vap). Trying to control the quality of weed is silly because if you legalize it you wouldn't be able to ban certain strains (G-13 for example which has a higher % of THC) and people can still eat it (your liver turns it into a more powerful compound or some shit... i'm sure hac can go into detail).