Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nemasket

Unix Terminal in Macs

8 posts in this topic

I was killing time in the MAC store and was looking for the Unix terminal. I went to the directory that the help stated contianed the terminal but could not find anything to execute. Was I doing something wrong or could these machine be restricted?

Keep in mind I have not used a Mac since the IIe.

I was just in one today, trying to use terminal to access my website. Turns out they rather not let any old random person have access to terminal. It is inside /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.sitx

So unless you have the password... And I doubt the Apple Store would use their store number, but its worth a shot. That, or have a sitx password cracker on a usb thumbdrive.

I was just in one today, trying to use terminal to access my website. Turns out they rather not let any old random person have access to terminal. It is inside /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.sitx

So unless you have the password... And I doubt the Apple Store would use their store number, but its worth a shot. That, or have a sitx password cracker on a usb thumbdrive.

Cool I was in the right place. I found a network utilities panel that had some cool tools in it.

I am temped to pick one up

Yeah, they lock Terminal down in the Apple Store now. Shitty, too, because I was going to put my Distributed.net client info on all the machines there.

Yeah, they lock Terminal down in the Apple Store now.  Shitty, too, because I was going to put my Distributed.net client info on all the machines there.

And that's probably why they did it :P

Hmm.. got to love people who think the apple store is the damn public library. Sorry it's a little rant since i work at big box retail stores on the weekends, and it amazes me how many people want to "access there email" or check something really quick. :omfg:

Hmm.. got to love people who think the apple store is the damn public library.  Sorry it's a little rant since i work at big box retail stores on the weekends, and it amazes me how many people want to "access there email" or check something really quick. :omfg:

Which you can still do at the Apple Store. From the bench out front with your own laptop, in fact. :)

Actually, Apple advertises this ability. They much rather you be in the store then somewhere else.