Debris

Source Code Denied

22 posts in this topic

I've noticed on some sites that when i try to look at the Source Code, it says

"<!-- source code denied //-->"

how would i view the source code when i get this?

how would  i view the source code when i get this?

Is it giving you that when you right click? If so, in most browsers view-->source code or somehting to that extent

Edited by ragweed

Try scrolling down.

Thats almost always a lame javascript trick, just wget the page.

Thats almost always a lame javascript trick, just wget the page.

how does this "lame javascript trick" work?

There is a on.click event where when you right click on the page, it pops up a warning dialog box that says what ever they want it to say. In this case, it is "<!-- source code denied //-->"

Although, looking at the syntax, (ie <!-- ... -->) it is simply put in the source at the top of the page. The real source is either down or to the right. A stupid way of trying to hide the source of the page.

Yea, this is just a way to fool the people who don't have an eye for detail. If you look at the source code page, you can see the scroll bar allows you to scroll down. I got fooled by this for a second on the star trek hackits wargame thing, which is basicly a how-to-get-around-javascript-tutorial.

on this one side it tells me: Left-click only when I right click, yet it continues to bring up the menu. Why is that?

And if it won't let you right-click to view the source, just go to View->Page Source

Yeah. Its impossible to deny the source.

One time in webmastering we were supossed to duplicate this web page.

They had it set up so that you click a flash link so you couldnt copy the link, and then it opened in a window that didnt let you right click and it didnt have any of the usual menu bars at the top.

They use IE up there so a simple CTRL N can open up a copy of the window you have in a normal fullscreen. I just used the source as my project, got a perfect score. :)

(EDIT: typo)

Edited by matt

Can anyone give me a url to one of the pages where you can scroll down and get the source or to one of the pages that does not let you view the source?

Anyone ever hear of the view source protocol?

Works in Firefox but not in IE with XP SP2.

Does it work with those addresses that block the right click?

view-source:http://www.google.com

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....view-source.asp

http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/viewsrc.html

http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tips_ie.html

http://www.phphelp.com/rightclick

Edit ---------------------------------

This source code is encrypted by a program. You can only view the page in firefox.

You need to scroll to the bottom and Click on Example 1 to get the encrypted page.

http://www.htmlpassword.com/websp/

Pretty cool. I can quickly copy text and stuff by saving the page. I can get the graphics in firefox by viewing page info. :cuss: Any one have any ideas? You would have to decrypt it to get the source. :help: Over my head. Oh well. All in all a pretty cool program.

Edited by fileit

Edit ---------------------------------

This source code is encrypted by a program. You can only view the page in firefox.

You need to scroll to the bottom and Click on Example 1 to get the encrypted page.

http://www.htmlpassword.com/websp/

Pretty cool. I can quickly copy text and stuff by saving the page. I can get the graphics in firefox by viewing page info. :cuss:  Any one have any ideas? You would have to decrypt it to get the source. :help: Over my head. Oh well. All in all a pretty cool program.

Huh, there is a java script function there that is all in hex. . .

I converted it to get:

function RrRrRrRr(teaabb) {
var tttmmm="";
l=teaabb.length;
www=hhhhffff=Math.round(l/2);
if(l<2*www) hhhhffff=hhhhffff-1;
for(i=0;i<hhhhffff;i++) tttmmm = tttmmm + teaabb.charAt(i)+ teaabb.charAt(i+hhhhffff);
if(l<2*www) tttmmm = tttmmm + teaabb.charAt(l-1);
document.write(tttmmm);
};

I'm not great at javascript, but I'm pretty sure that just decrypts whats later in the source. If you try to highlight anything on that page, at least for me, firefox goes crazy trying to highlight.

Ok, so I now I'm curious, there was a big blank spot in the source, and once I highlighted it, the text showed up. I am going to play around with the encrypted stuff, but thats all it is, the page is still there, but java script decodes it on the fly.

I have attached the encrypted part.

encrypted_source.txt

Holy shit, I just save the encrypted html document, and when I opened it up in the vim program I have for windows, it decrypted it for me. HAHA.

EDIT: Source Forge page for the Cream/VIM program I used: http://cream.sourceforge.net/

Edited by shoggoth

Hm, I opened that example with the "View Source" of the Web Developer's tool extension for Firefox and had no issues with highlighting going nuts or anything. It was just one big blank and then all the code trailing off to the right, what a useless program.

well i didnt right click..and i figured it out while i was waiting for a reply...so umm i geuss it became totally moot while you guys were answering. annd surpise surprise..the hackits site was what i was doing.

Hm, I opened that example with the "View Source" of the Web Developer's tool extension for Firefox and had no issues with highlighting going nuts or anything.  It was just one big blank and then all the code trailing off to the right, what a useless program.

EDIT

----------------------------------

The program does work. Try to decrypt this? It works in exploder but firefox is giving me a headache.

Original Html (yes I know there is nothing in the table tag. This is just a test.)

It added some stuff cause I am using the trial version.

=================================================

<html>

<body>

My secret code

<table>

</table>

</body>

</html>

Encrypted.html

Edited by fileit

well i didnt right click..and i figured it out while i was waiting for a reply...so umm i geuss it became totally moot while you guys were answering. annd surpise surprise..the hackits site was what i was doing.

Ha! Anyway, enjoy lvl 10. It's quite annoying. And tell me when you pass lvl 14.

The advertisement is embedded in the first eval(unescape()). The function "RrRrRrRr" is the decrypter. Take the parameter from that function and paste it into the $input variable in this Perl script:

sub decrypt
{
   local($html) = @_;
   $innerhtml = "";
   $length = length($html);
   $key = $half = int(($length / 2) + 0.5);
   if ($length < (2 * $key))
   {
       $half--;
   }

for ($i = 0; $i < $half; $i++)
   {
       $innerhtml = $innerhtml . substr($html, $i, 1) .
                    substr($html, $i + $half, 1);
   }

{
       $innerhtml = $innerhtml . substr($html, $length - 1);
   }

return $innerhtml;
}
$input = "12345678";
print decrypt($input);

As you can see from the algorithm, he "jumbles" the HTML by taking every character in an odd-numbered position and adding it to a string, then takes every character in an even-numbered position and adds it to that string. You can subsequently encrypt text by using decrypt(decrypt()).

For the guy who made up his own customer quote (as if his bad English isn't noticable), I have three words for you:

carlos8xe.jpg

YOU ARE RETARDED!

The advertisement is embedded in the first eval(unescape()). The function "RrRrRrRr" is the decrypter. Take the parameter from that function and paste it into the $input variable in this Perl script:

sub decrypt
{
   local($html) = @_;
   $innerhtml = "";
   $length = length($html);
   {
       $half--;
   }

{
   }

{
   }

return $innerhtml;
}
$input = "12345678";
print decrypt($input);

As you can see from the algorithm, he "jumbles" the HTML by taking every character in an odd-numbered position and adding it to a string, then takes every character in an even-numbered position and adds it to that string. You can subsequently encrypt text by using decrypt(decrypt()).

For the guy who made up his own customer quote (as if his bad English isn't noticable), I have three words for you:

carlos8xe.jpg

YOU ARE RETARDED!

So how do I get this perl script to work? :huh::lol: I am a Noob after all. I will google away. Need to download some more vtc movies on perl I guess.

Edited by fileit

if the source is hidden by view source you could always telnet to the server and get the html file. this has worked for me in the past as a way arround things like that.

sub decrypt
{
   local($html) = @_;
   $innerhtml = "";
   $length = length($html);
   {
       $half--;
   }

{
   }

{
   }

return $innerhtml;
}
$input = "12345678";
print decrypt($input);

carlos8xe.jpg

YOU ARE RETARDED!

are you talking about me with the carlos mencia (i love Mind of Mencia) image at the bottom? if you are, what customer quote are you talking about?

I love Mind of Mencía too, but I'm not talking about anyone here. I was talking about the people who market these kinds of software. Hell, I make products that are meant to keep people from "stealing" the parts off a web site, but I don't make any guarantees!