doug

CISCO IP PHONE Ringer

21 posts in this topic

Do the CISCO IP phones ring exactly like how they sound in 24?

I always wondered that.

You can have custom ringers on the 7960.

so that isnt a standard ring then?

If you'd care to post a sound clip of what they sound like on the show, I can confirm or deny whether mine is capable of ringing like that.

I am not sure about the SCCP firmware, but with the SIP firmware they come with a default "Chirp" type ringtone (a high pitched short beep repeated multiple times per second).

There is a zip file of several ringtones floating around the net, which includes the 24 ringtone, you can also make your own (if you need a copy let me know).

To use custom ringtones you need to have a "TFTP" server setup and running all the time, since the phone downloads the ringer/ringlist.dat file every time it reboots.

There is an MP3 version fo the Cisco one at http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/CTU24.mp3 ( http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html )

thats awesome! makes me wanna get a cisco phone finally. thanks for the link nick!

thats awesome! makes me wanna get a cisco phone finally. thanks for the link nick!

You want to get a Cisco phone because you can change it's ringtones?

:glare:

haha no. but knowing that i can have that leet ringtone from 24 makes me want to get my ass in gear and pick one up. to bad i cant use that on my blackberry. i dont think i can anyways.....

Do the cisco IP phones only work on voip or can you use them on a normal POTS line?

I just heard it and it doesn't sound like my 7960 default ringer but there are several other ringers I've never tried.

Just to make natas mad I'm going to put that as my default ringer on my P910 and I'll keep his personal ringer as "White Lines". :D

Do the cisco IP phones only work on voip or can you use them on a normal POTS line?

voip only, hence the name "IP Phone"

DUDE 24 uses the default cisco ringer! ph33rrrrrrrr im putting that on my cell

Hey, at least we can say this is a good case of product placement in TV :)

WHAT? Next season doesnt start until JANUARY! ARH!

Any idea's on how to upload ringers to the cisco phone's? i have one that only has 24 default ringtones. i would love to get stroms old school ringtone on there.

Well, randomly, I finally decided to put this ringtone on my P910. It's actually pretty nice.

Not sure if it's part of the default sets or not but I do have the ringer for our 40/60's at the office.

You can run a cisco IP phone in SIP mode with say Asterisk and a compatible telephony card. Specifically the bootable asterisk distro Asterisk @Home --> http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Yes it runs under Linux...I'm willing to provide a little help and support to folks contacting me via this forum but most of what you need is already out there.

~Z

You can run a cisco IP phone in SIP mode with say Asterisk and a compatible telephony card.  Specifically the bootable asterisk distro Asterisk @Home --> http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Yes it runs under Linux...I'm willing to provide a little help and support to folks contacting me via this forum but most of what you need is already out there.

Wow... What is this "Asterisk" you speak of? ;)

/I keed, I keed!

(Welcome Zop! Enjoy your stay.)

Linux? is that similar to linspire??

what if i try running asterisk on a windows box, does that mean my cisco phone comes up with a blue screen everytime i want to make a call! :blink:

You can run a cisco IP phone in SIP mode with say Asterisk and a compatible telephony card.  Specifically the bootable asterisk distro Asterisk @Home --> http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

Wow... What is this "Asterisk" you speak of? ;)

/I keed, I keed!

(Welcome Zop! Enjoy your stay.)

There is a zip book of several ringtones amphibian about the net, which includes the 24 ringtone, you can aswell accomplish your own (if you charge a archetype let me know).

To use custom ringtones you charge to accept a "TFTP" server bureaucracy and active all the time, back the buzz downloads the ringer/ringlist.dat book every time it reboots. Each ring blazon contains a arrow to the PCM book acclimated for that ring blazon and the argument that will be displayed on the Ring Blazon card on a Cisco IP Phone...

Call Center Software