Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stacksmasher

Must Read

13 posts in this topic

Moved to Linkz...

For anyone curous it has to do with cyber crime and tracking it. It's intresting, but it's very sensational and the like. I personally didn't really "learn" anything from it :(

-Dr^ZigMan

FUD!

(Why all this anti-China sentiment in the news lately? What are they prepping us for?)

Edited by elchoaro

Good atricle, but I didn't learn much.

What I did get out of it was...

1) Don't work for the FBI unless you are certain they condone the work and hacking you are doing for them.

2) If the millitary/government really wants to be safe against attack, they should just unplug thier secret data from the internet altogether.

Edited by Perf-149

Why are computers containing vital information even accessible to Chinese hackers or anyone for that matter? Because the Internet is not a "battlefield," it's simply a way for people to share information. Information that should not be public should not be in any way accessible by unprivileged people, like the Internet at large. You'd think governments would have learned that by now (and they probably have and this story is fake or exaggerated).

In the future, the US will have a "cyberarmy." Meanwhile, we'll be sitting back wondering why the fuck they can't keep secret information on a private LAN. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Edited by pinhead

Moved to Linkz...

For anyone curous it has to do with cyber crime and tracking it.  It's intresting, but it's very sensational and the like.  I personally didn't really "learn" anything from it :(

-Dr^ZigMan

The whole reason I posted this is he didnt do anything wrong. He was helping out the government and got FUCKED! They needed him and did not care if it ruined his life in the process. The lesson is always deal with 3 letter agencies with caution.

The man is always out to get you, I tell you!

In the future, the US will have a "cyberarmy." Meanwhile, we'll be sitting back wondering why the fuck they can't keep secret information on a private LAN. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think people will always have the misconception that their information is safe in public reign. The fact of the matter is, any file on a machine that is connected to the internet, is essentially free reign if that document is somewhat “wanted”.

I mean, people still can get into private LAN's, but that takes a bit more effort on the part of countries looking for the data. And then they need to hire the old type of spies that make up James Bond thrillers. Ahh, the good old days, when you had to actually physically travel somewhere to steal a document.

That's nothing more than FUD and propaganda. It's very clear that these guys want us to hate the chinesse.

We are the only 2 big kids on the block. It is only a matter of time before we fight it out. There is not enough resources for both of us.

That's nothing more than FUD and propaganda. It's very clear that these guys want us to hate the chinesse.

We are the only 2 big kids on the block. It is only a matter of time before we fight it out. There is not enough resources for both of us.

That's quite an optimistic outlook.

I suppose we shouldn't hope for unselfish distribution of those resources, since that wouldn't fit the current typecast of 'American's.

It's is a history thing, we have only been around 229 years. Unlike the Egyptians, Romans or Greeks, who ruled thousands of years.

That's quite an optimistic outlook.

I suppose we shouldn't hope for unselfish distribution of those resources, since that wouldn't fit the current typecast of 'American's.

Anyone have a username and password so that I can read the whole article?

Or better yet, have a copy of the article to share?

Edit:

Okay, got the article from stacksmasher.

Yea, he got screwed, but that's his fault. He knew that it wasn't his job, and that it was illegal anyway.

Edited by chaostic

Good atricle, but I didn't learn much.

What I did get out of it was...

1) Don't work for the FBI unless you are certain they condone the work and hacking you are doing for them.

2) If the millitary/government really wants to be safe against attack, they should just unplug thier secret data from the internet altogether.

just as a sidenote i would just like to share that IBM was the First to develop that idea of don't give servers/computers acess to the internet that have secret shit on them that you don't what to be hacked.

Edited by batman24