Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
obfuscated

What is your ip

28 posts in this topic

I noticed every once in a while someone will come on the fourms as a guest and ask the mod's for their ip. This is because it's very inconvenient to write down the ip address when you are at Radio Shack or school or Comp USA.

So I came up with a little diddy. http://www.infonomicon.org/ip Just type in the place you are at and your email address and it emails you your ip. Nothing is logged. It's just something simple that I found I needed recently.

enjoy

Cool little utility.

I like how you made the layout look like you were at some companies website, just browsing and signing up for a mailing list. Think again you corporate conglomerate from hell! :growl:

Edited by Perf-149

deja vu :blink:

Sweet page and great tool Obfuscated.

Not *that* tool. Jeez. :lol:

Yeah, but that is pretty obvious.

If you're on a laptop at BestBuy, you don't want to go to "www.whatismyip.com", because that is extremely traceable. Instead, this site makes it hard to understand exactly what it is, unless you knew beforehand. If you don't feel like being super obvious and writing the Ip adress on your hand, this little applet is great.

Edited by Perf-149

thanks everyone

me and droops came up with it. We just got tired of writing the ip addres down or saving it in our cell phone. It's quick, neat, and sleazy.......... :ky:

Edited by obfuscated

Yeah, but that is pretty obvious.

If you're on a laptop at BestBuy, you don't want to go to "www.whatismyip.com", because that is extremely traceable. Instead, this site makes it hard to understand exactly what it is, unless you knew beforehand. If you don't feel like being super obvious and writing the Ip adress on your hand, this little applet is great.

In that case, go set up a firewall on some box to log when a certain port is hit. Hit away. :)

Yeah, but with those you have to write down where you're at and the IP. Suspicious.

silly silly rabbits, tricks are for kids,

if you dont like it, dont bitch. obfuscated isnt krose, you dont have to do everything that he says.

me and droops came up with it. We just got tired of writing the ip addres down or saving it in our cell phone.  It's quick, neat, and sleazy.......... :ky:

Ahhh! So it's inspired by Droop's wife? PWNED! ;)

Nah but really, it's a cool tool, and a good idea. What would be really neat is to incoperate a feature to have it register a willhackforfood address as well!

-Dr^ZigMan

I think most of the people here didn't understand. it emails the IP to you when you want the IP of a computer that isnt yours.

Nah but really, it's a cool tool, and a good idea. What would be really neat is to incoperate a feature to have it register a willhackforfood address as well!

That would be great! Just make the "Location" your username, and make the account have a defualt password or somthing. Otherwise, you could easily create another fake line for the password.

Yeah, but with those you have to write down where you're at and the IP. Suspicious.

Writing a place and time on a peice of paper is a crime now? :o

( by "Those" i assume you include my idea ...which doesnt require you to write a ip down :) not that it really matters .. )

But yea...nothing wrong with using the infonomicon deal :P its all cool.

Edited by |cfh|

Writing a place and time on a peice of paper is a crime now?

no its not a crime, but its also not a crime to move all the copys of windows xp in best buy and replace them with the suse cd's from the bottom shelf, but they will ask you to leave. sometimes its better not to look suspicious.

Writing a place and time on a peice of paper is a crime now?

no its not a crime, but its also not a crime to move all the copys of windows xp in best buy and replace them with the suse cd's from the bottom shelf, but they will ask you to leave. sometimes its better not to look suspicious.

In that case, remember the time before you exit the store :P write when your outside. Not too hard if your memory is alright.

In that case, remember the time before you exit the store :P write when your outside. Not too hard if your memory is alright.

I'm not sure about you but I can't remember a string of 12 numbers very long...

-Dr^ZigMan

Reminds me of this "hacker" I met in a chatroom once. After spending half an hour called everyone gay and retarded, he bragged about how he could hack anyone and started asking for their IP addresses. So I gave him mine. 127.0.0.7...the guy came back into the room after about 5 minutes saying he was going to report me to the FBI and the CIA for hacking his computer. Ah, kids....

The Abstruse One

Reminds me of this "hacker" I met in a chatroom once.  After spending half an hour called everyone gay and retarded, he bragged about how he could hack anyone and started asking for their IP addresses.  So I gave him mine.  127.0.0.7...the guy came back into the room after about 5 minutes saying he was going to report me to the FBI and the CIA for hacking his computer.  Ah, kids....

The Abstruse One

A lot of lame script kiddies are waking up and know that 127.0.0.1 is the loopback IP... however, 127.37.89.12 is also a valid IP for the loopback device (on Windows machines only), and so is 127.18.45.2

Try pinging ANY 127.*.*.* ip on windows and you'll see that the loopback (127.0.0.1) responds. Now 127.243.18.192 looks a lot more legit than 127.0.0.1.

Have fun on IRC tonight :devil:

-Dr^ZigMan

I can't remember my 7 digit phone number half the time. But then again I remember my 8 number ICQ number that I havn't used in years with ease.

I personally hate having to write stuff down or memorize it, especially IP's. I think I will use this tool quite a bit when out and about (which is never).

Thanks Obfudroopted, or droopuscated, or whoever.

-Dr^ZigMan

ex. 12:22 = 12 ?

ex. 12:22:33 = 12?

:WHAT:

( xx.xx.xx.xx + XX:XX = 12 )

Why try to remember the ip and time when you already have the ip logged elsewhere with a date .... And if you cant remember 4 numbers very long ...tell a friend to do so..or dont spend so long in the store...or talk to your doc about your memory problems.

Edit:

( In some cases you only need to remember 3 numbers ;) )

Example of what you ( CAN ) do:

( Before this takes place you set up a simple firewall to log when a certain port is hit (time/date/ip) on your side )

1. You enter [insert store].

2. You go to a computer.

3. You visit a ip on a certain port. ( Its logged date/time/ip ..because you set it up to do so)

4. You look at the clock. ( You remember 4 digits )

5. You exit the store and write the 4 digits down. ( If you dont know what store you just left ...i feel sorry for you. )

How long do you stick around? 5 minutes? 10? 15. *shrug* Way too many ways to do such a SIMPLE task.

( Of course what you have to do can vary with different situations ...like if they filter certain ports ..you have to break out of a certain screen...you cant run this or that...blah blah blah ... )

Clear and simple enough?

Edited by |cfh|

Wow what a lot of player hating... the way I see it, Obfuscated/Droops have been kind enough to develop this for convenience, and it's up to you personally if you actually use it. But don't bitch and whine about it, that's like complaining about being given free milk chocolate because you prefer nut chocolate!

Cheers Obfuscated, you never know, I may use it at some point...