CrAz3

The Broken

15 posts in this topic

These three videos have examples of social engineernig and how to use thermite as a hdd destruction tool....Also how to make a battering ram...weird I know........

hxxp://www.thebroken.org/

Edited by CrAz3

"social engineernig"

umm, getting a free pizza (which I heard wasn't actually free, it was staged), isn't exactly social engineering. I like "The Art of Deception" by Kevin Mitnick when it comes to social engineering. I don't know of any /good/ videos of social engineering.

If you want to see some cool stuff, like p2p wireless hacking, wep cracking, light sabers, sky diving etc, fromtheshadows.tv is a cool show.

Edited by freeman

The only redeeming value you can get from "The Broken" is a familiar face that gives you a good introduction to "Hacking". It will hopefully give a few Newbs a taste that will make them want to dig deeper. Don't expect much from 2 white guys sitting on a couch drinking 40's.

Edited by Nemasket

Dude, the broken sucks. Don't go there for anything. You guys do know that much more info. can be found on raido and t.v. shows that members of this forum make.

Hack TV->http://www.binrev.com/hacktv/ 10000X better than the broken. Start there.

When will people learn that anything with Kevin Rose in it is going to suck and NOT be that informational?

I will liken thebroken/digg/systm to a skater whom I saw wearing a 'thebroken' t-shirt at our last Bin Rev meeting: he wore it because he thought it was cool, not because he knew what it was or anything about what it "meant". This also helps Kevinites stay ignorant and totally unaware of the real subculture.

Edited by tehbizz

thebroken == sucks

Systm == deceantly nice

this week in tech aka twit == nice

I actually liked systm www.systm.org . its one of kevins better projects that doesnt focus on being a script kiddie. Making MythTV was pretty cool so is the ep of makeing a warspying box. I actually give him props on that show besides for the ep of making wires. i think the whole site that has all of kevins, leos, and the rest the gangs sites and projects is www.revision3.com . Aside from thebroken i like it.

God theres so much information out there and differnt shows and radio shows its an ungodly amount of resources on hacking weather it be newbish, or more advance topics. I've seen alot of great shit come from the forum members here i mean alot. Its great to see that. Keep up the work guys =D

Whether you actually like Kevin Rose, or not he is preforming an intresting in experiment in the distribution of digital media. The distribution style is trying to put out a higher quality product than what internet tv is usually comprised of. I make no comment on the "substance" of the material but rather the production value of what he is trying to produce. Whether or not his company actually succeeds or goes under with in a year will be intresting. There is really no Biz. model for what they are trying to do. Yes there have been podcasts and iptv before him, but no one makes any real money off of these. The fact that it is not backed by a major corp. is kind of refreshing.

As for the content, it is a perfect for his target audience. His target is not the "hacker elite" who live, eat and breath code, it is tech savy young males. He gives the allusion of real hacking, but without actually getting down to the nitty gritty. (I am using the definition of hacking loosely). I will have to admit the hacking with ramzi is good for a laugh.

I am much more a fan of This week in tech I started watching alot of those people back when they were on ZDTV, and will continue to watch them becuase they provide discussions and punditry on subjects I am intrested in.

I hope his group succeeds, becuase it only means more tech media, I don't care if it's good or bad, more media = more choice, and choice good, no choice bad!

As for the content, it is a perfect for his target audience. His target is not the "hacker elite" who live, eat and breath code, it is tech savy young males. He gives the allusion of real hacking, but without actually getting down to the nitty gritty. (I am using the definition of hacking loosely). I will have to admit the hacking with ramzi is good for a laugh.

I agree with you on this

They never do realy do any "hacking" taking the sam file and cracking that is not hacking. So i don't like them in the sence that they try label their show as hacking but they do stuff far from it. but all and all it's not that bad of a show.

Systm is nice though just for random tech topics like how to build cables

I agree with you on this

They never do realy do any "hacking" taking the sam file and cracking that is not hacking. So i don't like them in the sence that they try label their show as hacking but they do stuff far from it. but all and all it's not that bad of a show.

Systm is nice though just for random tech topics like how to build cables

Uh... what qualifies anyone to define what hacking is? What's the difference between cracking a SAM file or looking up what an md5 hash equals? Just because your definition isn't what his is doesn't mean it's bad.

Uh... what qualifies anyone to define what hacking is? What's the difference between cracking a SAM file or looking up what an md5 hash equals? Just because your definition isn't what his is doesn't mean it's bad.

I don't view it as bad. am just saying it is more script kiddie stuff (i hate saying that) then anything else. but, hell the show isn't bad (i have a TheBroken t-shirt from back in the day)

Heh I like Ramze and his "Hacker Bitches" :)

Every show out there is a good thing, they all teach something. Of course you've got to love HackTV...

-Dr^ZigMan

good ol' episode 2 its all about Ramzi hehe

"today were are going to search for some war-ez"

I don't view it as bad. am just saying it is more script kiddie stuff (i hate saying that) then anything else. but, hell the show isn't bad (i have a TheBroken t-shirt from back in the day)

Well, I'd normally classify 'script kiddies' as those who would use exploits in malicious ways that don't benefit themselves, then brag about it. But then again, how could you do a show that tells you how to -find- exploits? <_<