Polymira

IronGeek got dugg

31 posts in this topic

I just notice when I went to my logs. Lots of traffic. They posted two different parts of my site up in the last few hours. I read some of the comments, people on the Internet can be pretty fucking harsh.

script kiddies
Nice for noobs.
haha what a n00b

These words are SO typical of kids and the like. Seen it way too often. Id like to see them try and make videos.

Don't think about it IronGeek, you have been on the internet long before any of them hit puberty. Bunch of bastard elitists who don't know shit.

No, I think they have a good point, actually. They're not calling IronGeek a noob, but it would be sort of script kiddy-ish to use the videos to deface people, when they had no idea of what they were doing.

These comments are comming from people who say that in order to be a "hacker" you need to code all of your own tools. Which I find hillarious, as any programer knows, don't re-invent the wheen unless you HAVE to.

Don't worry about it, your buff dude =p

Don't make this easy....it's not the point.

wtf?

I hate digg users, well, most of them. I remeber back in December before Kevin Rose took it over and then all his fanboys ruined it.

It pisses me off that there are making fun of my speach problems.

I find it funny how many posts basically just say 'n00b' and 'retarded' and no reasoning about why Irongeek would be a n00b or retard.

Where ever Kevin Rose goes, n00bness is sure to follow.

Speech problems? Just sounds like you got a case of the Bostonitus or something, but aren't you from Indiana? eh whatever

Windwaker, I saw your article got on hackaday, man the comments were brutal haha, but that article was pretty lame, no real PoC code, and you shouldn't be abusing services, even if it is AOL :P

Edited by jedibebop

Once you are in the public that is the first thing people do. They criticize you for whatever they can. Look at President Bush. He gets criticism but look where he is at. Some people get caught up in mob mentality. One person post one thing than another, soon they all got something to say. It all starts with one idiot to get another idiot posting. Kind a like dominos falling. :lol: I think the second and third post started the whole thing.

irongeek man you rule, digg ppl are wanks

Congratulations man, they're just a bunch of assholes. I think the videos are a great idea.

how could they not have seen your site before this shit man?

i have been a solid rootsecure reader for at least 2-3 years and slashdot since i could type www and see it in graphics and your name has been dropped innumerable times since then. wicked case of kettle clean pot dirty goin on here i think

btw good videos and articles they make that time between 9 and 5 go by that much quicker dood

Thanks for all of the support folks. :)

F*CK EM! Stupid how some people can be quick to judge one on the internet for no reason? Just like a yahoo chat room. None of these people probably dont even know IronGeek personally. I like your videos irongeek... I also like the fact that your the only 'geek' I know that likes to go to the gym to! :P

Speech problems? Just sounds like you got a case of the Bostonitus or something, but aren't you from Indiana? eh whatever

Windwaker, I saw your article got on hackaday, man the comments were brutal haha, but that article was pretty lame, no real PoC code, and you shouldn't be abusing services, even if it is AOL  :P

windwaker's code is actually in the new 2600 *and* on his site.

Irongeek has a speech impediment? News to me, I figured you were either from Boston or from Australia.

Don't think of it bad there talking out of there ass! Those are some nice reference libs and the videos are sweet.

Out of the thousands and thousands of people who have visited your site a handfull are taking the piss...Thats pretty good going mate (I bet bush would like the same odds). Who gives a f*ck what people say.................F*CK THEM!!!!! I've posted links to your site on numerous sites and got nothing but positive feedback....

The irony lies in that they wouldn't say sh!t to your face, you look as if you could give a few brutal poundings.... :D:D:D

Keep smiling man, don't let those pussies take you down.....

peace from the other side of the pond (i.e. the UK)

Edited by CrAz3

Don't take it to heart what those fucks have to say. I've learned a lot from your site, and that's all that matters. But I do have something to say about digg and kevin rose....but l'll leave that until the next Infonomicon

Whatever, you can beat them up.

Therefore, You > Them.

Windwaker, I saw your article got on hackaday, man the comments were brutal haha, but that article was pretty lame, no real PoC code, and you shouldn't be abusing services, even if it is AOL  :P

windwaker's code is actually in the new 2600 *and* on his site.

Irongeek has a speech impediment? News to me, I figured you were either from Boston or from Australia.

Where is the code? if you call a single for loop code well :P

F*CK EM! Stupid how some people can be quick to judge one on the internet for no reason? Just like a yahoo chat room. None of these people probably dont even know IronGeek personally. I like your videos irongeek... I also like the fact that your the only 'geek' I know that likes to go to the gym to!  :P

Ah, well actually I'm a weight lifter myself :D Anyways, keep up the good work IronGeek, and don't let a bunch of haters detract from your work. Hell, there's always someone who wants to look more '1337' by dissing someone else who has contributed way more to the community.

It matters not what they think, we know who you are and what you CAN do verses them that know nothing except how to get to your site and spout idiocy! :grr:

You're turning into a public figure. People will always want a way to attack you. They can't attack you for being a n00b, cause you obviosuly know what you're doing, so they attack you're working, saying that it's useless, and they attack you, trying demoralize you. Fact of the matter is is that you do good work, and what they say can't make them smarter. You're still smarter then them, it just pisses them off that other people realize it.