Strom Carlson

binrev radio - music wanted

24 posts in this topic

If you play in a band or otherwise record your own music and you'd like us to use it on binrev radio, please get in touch with me. I'm looking for individual songs or demo discs/compilations to use both as closing music for binrev radio and for a possible "strom reviews music" segment.

We want to hear the strom meadly from Defcon!!! ;)

-Dr^ZigMan

See if Greyarea has a recording of "Tron 2.0 dub plate edition". Also there is the Johnny Hacker freestyle rap. If anyone else wants to do a remix of Tron I still have my "AT&T Lady" recording.

See if Greyarea has a recording of "Tron 2.0 dub plate edition". Also there is the Johnny Hacker freestyle rap. If anyone else wants to do a remix of Tron I still have my "AT&T Lady" recording.

...I was going for something more serious.

It's not my own, but have you ever thought about chip music? Check out www.8bitpeoples.com. It's kick-ass, especially the Depeche Mode Megamix by nullsleep.

Wow, that Depeche Mode remix is awesome! Being a huge DM fan myself, I think it is freaking awesome.

I think that deserves a closing music, definatly!

Edited by Perf-149

...I was going for something more serious.

the "Tron 2.0 dub plate edition" remix is serious

I was just going through my music (ya, I have written too many songs). Thought that this one in particular may be interesting to you guys Histories (ectomy)

How about new opening music? =D The lame yet humorous crackers.mp3 gets very, very old.

That's like asking George Lucas to change the intro to Star Wars.

There are six star wars movies.

There are > 100 BinRev Radio episodes.

Hm.

I think the opening is fine, but the e-mail sound clip bugs the hell out of me...

In any case, a variety is good. As a rule of thumb, never play something more than a hundred times. ;P

In any case, a variety is good.  As a rule of thumb, never play something more than a hundred times. ;P

Tell that to MTV. :lol:

Hm.

No.. there are only three star wars movies.

Hm.

No.. there are only three star wars movies.

All I can say is "<3"

Hm.

You're telling me you haven't watched them at least 100 times? :lol:

Ok, to clarify, you're saying you want The Simpsons to change their opening music after 14 years (and way more than 100 episodes)?

Well that's not the best analogy because the Simpsons have been around for more than ten years. BRR has been around for a little over two years and we already have heard the song over 100 times.

But I don't mind the song, so the point is moot.

I agree the theme music is getting old. RFA had theme music, but Dual switched it up sometimes and kept it fresh. Stank did that for a little while, but I think it just got easier to just start things up with the theme song. I don't blame him because doing a prerecorded show is a time eater. A bunch of us had this very discussion at Defcon. Until Zearle releases the updated version of the track don't be afraid to start the show out with a clip of another song followed by a clip of the intro music. Have people send in their own intros if they want. As far as outro music goes there has never been a problem with that. If you ever have a hard time finding music just go to http://www.ampcast.com

Ampcast is pretty much where all the serious artists on mp3.com went when mp3.com changed.

Edited by djmollusk

I think you guys are missing the point - the idea is to introduce listeners to interesting new music, not to find replacements for the existing title music.

Well that's not the best analogy because the Simpsons have been around for more than ten years.  BRR has been around for a little over two years and we already have heard the song over 100 times.

But I don't mind the song, so the point is moot.

You're right, it's not the best analogy. The Simpsons is a weekly show that's been going for more than ten years with plenty of reruns every day of the week, at multiple times per day, on different channels, so comparing it to the trivial 100+ times you've heard the BRR theme song wouldn't be quite right.

My bad. :D