obfuscated

Symphony Os

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone out there has used Symphony Os. I was reading an article about it and found that is used a Mezzo Desktop environment instead of KDE or Gnome. Pretty interesting concept.

Edited by obfuscated

It looks interesting. There are so many cool distros coming around.

All I can say, is... wow.

Just got it installed, and I must say, the system they have going is very unique,a nd I could get used to it. In a nutchell, your usual "Start Menu" is integrated into your background, as well as a filebrowser. It really unclutters my mess of open Konqueror windows that I am usually running.

If you have the time, downlaod it and give it a try. You never know, this might be what revolutionizes the OS.

I installed Mezzo on Gentoo. It's pretty nifty, but nothing to replace my Fluxbox or IceWM.

thats pretty cool but uhh,,,,, not to be a jerk or anything, i did this years ago with windows and its active desktop 'feature' you CAN make your own html pages and have them run local applications with the "run://" tag instead of "http://" but still its nifty and no way gonna replace my icewm-lite but thats just for the GUI interface i didnt read much about the actual OS. my 2 cents, pick em up, theyre free.

wow really thinking about trying fvwm now. the other one that symphony uses looks pretty too but i don't see any reason to use that distro.

FVWM is the shiznit. But it's a bitch to configure correctly.

Wow, this looks great. I just found some new pc's (both compaq presarios, one with Amd duron @ 700 and another Pentium Celeron @ 1.2) and I been meaning to try some new distros. I normally run DamnSmallLinux, and this looks great to try out. Thanks.

yes its a live cd, with an icon on the desktop for the full install if you want it.