Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Exvitel

Change GUI's In Windows

19 posts in this topic

I want to change my GUI in Windows to look like OS X B) or enlightenment B) , but don't know how, or where to get the GUI's.:help:

If you want to just apply skins/themes to make your windows PC look like a Mac (For whatever reason...) just google for "aqua xp" and things like that. there are plenty of different guides out there.

If you want to try a totally different shell for windows to make things look and behave different, try blackbox for windows (bb4win.org) or litestep.

You can try DesktopX from Stardock. They also got various other programs to further customize, like the icons and the cursor. http://www.stardock.com/

why is this in the general hacking??? Shouldn't this be in Off Topic or Newbie HQ?

I want to change my GUI in Windows to look like OS X cool.gif or enlightenment cool.gif , but don't know how, or where to get the GUI's.1zhelp.gif

If you really want it to look like a mac, just get a mac mini.

Try Flyakite. That would give you either Tiger or Panther.

Windows Vista looks more like a mac OS then the standared M$ OS... it doesn't even have blue screens there now red! :P

Yes it is, mind you. It's hacking up your windows environment.

I would be careful with blackbox. Last time I installed it, I really liked it, but after some time it crashed when starting up. Since I have win2000, I was able to fix it, by bringing up the task manager and then running explorer. From there I was able to remove blackbox, but it was still a pain in the ass.

I will put my money on StyleXp...

It runs in the background (No systmbar icon), and takes up little-to-no system resourses. Tons of skins are available also...

Of course, if you really care what your desktop looks like, do yourself a favor and boot up Linux with GNOME... Man it is beautiful :D

I will put my money on StyleXp...

It runs in the background (No systmbar icon), and takes up little-to-no system resourses. Tons of skins are available also...

Well there's always the money problem... or is there. :devil:

Yup there is always..

Flyakite is pretty awesome I tried it out, looks neat. Just get some addtional shit with it and you'd be on your way.. :)