Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PsypherX

Windows Vista! New and improved!!!

25 posts in this topic

Let's take a little look-see at the "interactive" look of Windows Vista, currently prominently featured on CNN.com's Technology section.

The "interactive" look is nothing more than this image:

ap.vista.windows.jpg

The one thing that really gets me is "User accounts: Requires even administrators to enter a password."

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! FANCY THAT!

Then there's "Advanced data protection: Security hard wired into a computer chip." Gee, I guess that means we're going to need some sort of "special" hardware to take advantage of this, and I'm assuming it's all going to be proprietary, since, well, it IS Microsoft.

People are fucking stupid.

Hmmm... and all this goodness coming to a computer near you soon. Like around 2015. Seriously, MS is getting so bad at getting their "innovations" to market that things are becoming passe before they are introduced on the MS platform.

According to Slashdot there are already proof of concept virii that attack the new command line scripting app.

PF

"Requires even administrators to enter a password." Holy crap that IS new and improved , I mean who would EVER put passwords on their admin accounts. That's just being a paranoid ASSHOLE. Good job Microsoft!

Fuck Vista.... I have a box running Beta1 now and I still think Project Looking Glass

http://www.sun.com/software/looking_glass/details.xml

is a much better OS if you are looking for GOOD dynamic usability. Just a note, I would say that OSX is the best for dynamics but it's not dynamic in the same way, it's just customizable. Anyway, Vista sucks and so does IE7.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! FANCY THAT!

LOL.

From the link, project looking glass looks pretty cool.

Including information on the back of screens is part of making the user experience more intuitive.

No other operating system has info on the back of the screen, so I wouldn't find it very intuitive.

You can tack a note to yourself right on the Web page you're viewing so that ideas and thoughts don't get lost in a myriad of yellow stickies on your screen but are stored where they are most useful.

Doesn't sound better than kedit. Also, why would a normal person put actual sticky notes on the screen?

What if your CD or movie database became a 3D jukebox, where titles were joined with images to make finding what you want easier than ever? CDs spin in 3D space to bring the title you want to see to the front.

I prefer having a folder for each band, and naming each song band_name - album_name - track_number - track_name.

What would be cool though, is when you play one song, you can see what other songs are like that song, and suggest what might be good to listen to next. Sort of like the way Amazon.com recommend other products, but instead of products/whole albums, it's be songs. Though I guess if someone did that, they'd be infringing on amazon's patent. I like to listen to songs of completely different genre/tone/additude back to back anyway.

Edited by freeman

I've already decided that I'm switching over to linux from XP rather than upgrade to this crap. I think it was all the talk about copyright controls in the monitor or whatever that deal was. Not to mention Windows has become more and more irritating to use as I learn more. In short, I'm tired of MS being 'all up in ma' grill'

"Requires even administrators to enter a password." Holy crap that IS new and improved , I mean who would EVER put passwords on their admin accounts.  That's just being a paranoid ASSHOLE.  Good job Microsoft!

Fuck Vista.... I have a box running Beta1 now and I still think Project Looking Glass

is a much better OS if you are looking for GOOD dynamic usability.  Just a note, I would say that OSX is the best for dynamics but it's not dynamic in the same way, it's just customizable.  Anyway, Vista sucks and so does IE7.

how far has looking glass come from january?

Holly shit, now they are doing stuff with transparency. That shits been in Unix based Operating Systems for a while now.

"Requires even administrators to enter a password." Holy crap that IS new and improved , I mean who would EVER put passwords on their admin accounts.  That's just being a paranoid ASSHOLE.  Good job Microsoft!

is a much better OS if you are looking for GOOD dynamic usability.  Just a note, I would say that OSX is the best for dynamics but it's not dynamic in the same way, it's just customizable.  Anyway, Vista sucks and so does IE7.

how far has looking glass come from january?

Quite a bit. I don't know what you may have seen since then, It works on more video cards now and the applications are comming around....

Windows Vista: Now with more bugs and exploitable vulnerabilities than ever before!

Every programmer knows that as a project becomes larger it also becomes harder to maintain. Why, then, is Microsoft "focusing on security" by making their newfangled OS more complicated? As it becomes more bloated, more bugs are created and more holes opened up.

This will be WORSE than Windows XP. (But I can't wait to hack it to shreds.)

As a windows developer I am going to bet this breaks the legacy apps I am supporting (VB6 ick) becuase, windows security blows so they patch it with good intentions, but it is a shitty duck taped patch with hidden or hard to access options, and becuase they are not open source I can't find out how to easily fix the app and provide support to angry users.

Fuck Me...

*Deep Breath*

Harumph,

Ok to take this seriously this is really just xp sp3. Maybe they will make the security more accessible. *Laughs Hystirecally*, and also you can expect harware enabled drm so no more burning of anything, until some scandanavian breaks it in 24 hours.

Hmmm... and all this goodness coming to a computer near you soon. Like around 2015.  Seriously, MS is getting so bad at getting their "innovations" to market that things are becoming passe before they are introduced on the MS platform.

According to Slashdot there are already proof of concept virii that attack the new command line scripting app.

PF

~ NEWSFLASH ~

You can use shell scripting as a means of removing files and other things!!! :blink:

Damn commands that allow you to remove files! damn them to hell!! :pissed:

But yea, their "innovations" are bullshit :)

Edit: But somehow I need to find a way to get netcraft to confirm this ....</lame joke>

Edited by |cfh|

I have a friend who lives not too far from a city call Vista. It is shitty +1 in some areas. Windows Vista will probably reflect this in more ways than one :P . Also it seems that every time I check Microsoft has removed yet another thing from the Windows Vista "enhancements" list. Thus it's viability as a replacement operating system for Windows XP dissapears little by little. Unfortunately they have done one thing right in Vista, they remove the oh so fun blue screen of death. No doubt replacing it with some other terribly marred gui crap. :nono: Bad Microsoft! Lay down and die like OS2.

Glad I could contribute.

Edited by sharpwun

I have a friend who lives not too far from a city call Vista. It is shitty +1 in some areas. Windows Vista will probably reflect this in more ways than one :P . Also it seems that every time I check Microsoft has removed yet another thing from the Windows Vista "enhancements" list. Thus it's viability as a replacement operating system for Windows XP dissapears little by little. Unfortunately they have done one thing right in Vista, they remove the oh so fun blue screen of death. No doubt replacing it with some other terribly marred gui crap. :nono: Bad Microsoft! Lay down and die like OS2.

Glad I could contribute.

As in the SoCal "vista"?

Man is that cool, i'm gona' get the torrent right now.

I am running Windows 98SE atm, but I am definitely going to get linux with a new comp. I also hate stupid people, and Microsoft encourages this behavior.

I am running Windows 98SE atm, but I am definitely going to get linux with a new comp. I also hate stupid people, and Microsoft encourages this behavior.

That's hot. :blink: Long live the hatred of stupid people and all that is easy. :cuss:

I hate Hehateme. What was that guys jersey all about?

I hate Hehateme. What was that guys jersey all about?

I wonder how many people are going to get that...

Anyways you should see the hype for this piece of shit at the place I work at. Everyone thinks they're the shit because they have a copy of fucking Vista. All of a sudden transparent fucking windows is the big fucking trend.

I can't wait for some VB coder from eastern europe exploits the fuck out of this OS then I can go into work and scream "I TOLD YOU SO!".

/rant

On a more serious note, I have a feeling that all the "features" MS took off the release is going to break the fucker after they release them in windows update.

So .. Why are they releasing this again? Its just a jazzed up version of XP. With probably more exploits. They're just finding ways to drain people out of their money with this shit. Linux had most of the graphic stuff Windows has a long time ago.

Oliver, that's simply because they are dumb noobs that make things look pretty.

So .. Why are they releasing this again? Its just a jazzed up version of XP. With probably more exploits. They're just finding ways to drain people out of their money with this shit. Linux had most of the graphic stuff Windows has a long time ago.

Because smacktards will buy it.

it looks nice....does it work?

they have been working on this for like 6 or so years now so i hope it would be cool

i can hardly wait for my 1st blue screen of death! :cuss:

i can hardly wait for my 1st blue screen of death!  :cuss:

It's been changed. Now its the Bloody Red Screen of Death. RSoD. HA