matt

Partition

9 posts in this topic

I have my hard drive partitioned, and half of it has Windows xp installed, the other half has Fedora Core installed.

Would I be able to remove that partition and allow windows to use the entire hard drive without having to reformat?

yes. you cant do it with something like fdisk though. Go out and get Partition Magic or something similar and you can repartion without destroying data.

Instead of using parition magic to resize your paritions. Why don't you just reformat the second partition to FAT or NTFS? That way next time you want to try linux or freebsd all you have to do is transfer the data off that partition and reformat it.

Partition magic is definitely the way to go, if you can purchase an older copy like 8.0 it was developed by PowerQuest before Symantec bought them out.

Also I would keep a boot-ready set of rescue disks, it's just like anything else that's low-level, cover your hiney!

S

partion magic = costs

qt parted = free ... use qt parted, its on knoppix, and mempis

or get this boot cd called "Hirens Boot CD 6.0" Its amazing, tons of tools anyone would need who works with computers. good luck!

or get this boot cd called "Hirens Boot CD 6.0" Its amazing, tons of tools anyone would need who works with computers. good luck!

You think you could post a link to hiren's? I have found 3 downloads of it and none of them worked for me.