Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Z2A

taking input from outside the window in C

17 posts in this topic

Ok, I thought it would be interesting to write a simple keylogger in C and I am able to take characters and put them in a log as someone types them from inside a command line window, but I have no clue how I would take input if the windows was minimized. I am very curious to know how taking input from outside the window would work. Can anyone explain to me how this kind of thing would be executed?

I don't know the exact code, but you might be able to monitor the keyboard buffer.

I remember doing something like this in assembly class, It involved connecting to the keyboard port.

how would i connect to the keyboard port in C?

lol, in my last post i was only jokin. My real answer is below :)

I dont know the exact code or how it works with the keyboard but Im pretty sure its still just basic Input/Output. you have to do something like

keyboard = XXXXXXXXX

heh sry not much help, but also, i know it DOES NOT work with using some type of pre made keyboard buffer IF the keyboard did use one that you could work with.

And it will be different in NIX and Windows. In .net i would reccommend looking in System.Input or something to that syntax.

K.H.O.

opps sry man, my brain farted

i think you should check out the ScanF() function, I think you would use that.

K.H.O.

I know very little about programing, but i do remember planetsourcecode will show you how to do many things in different languages. I did a search for keystroke and C++ and this is what came up, hope it helps, else i would try searching the site yourself.

---------------

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Public Class cKBHook

Public Event KeyPressed(ByVal KeyChar As Int32)

Delegate Function HookProc(ByVal nCode As Integer, ByVal wParam As IntPtr, _

ByVal lParam As IntPtr) As IntPtr

Declare Auto Function SetWindowsHookEx Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal idHook As Integer, _

ByVal lpfn As HookProc, ByVal hMod As IntPtr, ByVal dwThreadId As Integer) As IntPtr

Declare Function UnhookWindowsHookEx Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hhk As IntPtr) As Boolean

Declare Function CallNextHookEx Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hhk As IntPtr, ByVal nCode As Integer, _

ByVal wParam As IntPtr, ByVal lParam As IntPtr) As IntPtr

Const WH_KEYBOARD_LL As Integer = 13

Shared hook As IntPtr

Public Function MyLLKbdProc(ByVal nCode As Integer, ByVal wParam As IntPtr, _

RaiseEvent KeyPressed(Marshal.ReadInt32(lParam))

Return CallNextHookEx(hook, nCode, wParam, lParam)

End Function

Public Sub Listen()

Dim hp As HookProc = AddressOf MyLLKbdProc

hook = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_KEYBOARD_LL, hp, Marshal.GetHINSTANCE(GetType(cKBHook).Module), 0)

GC.KeepAlive(hp)

End Sub

Public Sub StopListening()

UnhookWindowsHookEx(hook)

End Sub

End Class

I know very little about programing, but i do remember planetsourcecode will show you how to do many things in different languages.  I did a search for keystroke and C++ and this is what came up, hope it helps, else i would try searching the site yourself.

---------------

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Public Class cKBHook

Public Event KeyPressed(ByVal KeyChar As Int32)

Delegate Function HookProc(ByVal nCode As Integer, ByVal wParam As IntPtr, _

Declare Auto Function SetWindowsHookEx Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal idHook As Integer, _

ByVal lpfn As HookProc, ByVal hMod As IntPtr, ByVal dwThreadId As Integer) As IntPtr

Declare Function UnhookWindowsHookEx Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hhk As IntPtr) As Boolean

Declare Function CallNextHookEx Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hhk As IntPtr, ByVal nCode As Integer, _

ByVal wParam As IntPtr, ByVal lParam As IntPtr) As IntPtr

Const WH_KEYBOARD_LL As Integer = 13

Shared hook As IntPtr

Public Function MyLLKbdProc(ByVal nCode As Integer, ByVal wParam As IntPtr, _

RaiseEvent KeyPressed(Marshal.ReadInt32(lParam))

Return CallNextHookEx(hook, nCode, wParam, lParam)

End Function

Public Sub Listen()

Dim hp As HookProc = AddressOf MyLLKbdProc

hook = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_KEYBOARD_LL, hp, Marshal.GetHINSTANCE(GetType(cKBHook).Module), 0)

GC.KeepAlive(hp)

End Sub

Public Sub StopListening()

UnhookWindowsHookEx(hook)

End Sub

End Class

I believe that is VB. He was asking about C.

In Windows, you need to monitor the keyboard buffer. I recommend you read the Win32 SDK support. It should list the correct functions and applications. Then, simply tell the program to output each keystroke into a file or wherever you want to put it. It's difficult to know exactly what you need without seeing the code.

Google up hooker. Wait, no bad idea. Here, its an open source keylogger for Win systems.

How many Phrack magazines are there? I see 63. Are there more than this? I want to start reading them all.

Issue 63 is hot off the press, and there aren't any more that I'm aware of.

How many Phrack magazines are there? I see 63. Are there more than this? I want to start reading them all.

Issue 63 is hot off the press, and there aren't any more that I'm aware of.

well theres also Phrack High Council that isn't as popular. Thats only 2 issues i think though.