Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jberryman

What is this number? (2)

8 posts in this topic

858*538*2375

It goes:

high note, low note (minor third?)... (~2sec pause)... high, low, high, low (major sixth?)... (~2sec pause)... tone, tone, tone (hangup)

I have found two of these. Sending DTMF doesn't seem to do anything, but I could be mistaken. Any ideas?

Edited by Jberryman

Hehe I've never heard a phreak describe a sequence of tones in terms of their musical intervals.

That's really strange though... it doesn't sound like any sort of line the telco would use...

how did you find the number? scanning? It's in a small exchange. perhaps strom can help.

The number terminates in a radio/microwave transmission station.

xxx.xxx.xxxx

It goes:

high note, low note (minor third?)... (~2sec pause)... high, low, high, low (major sixth?)... (~3sec pause)... tone, tone, tone (hangup)

I have found two of these. Sending DTMF doesn't seem to do anything, but I could be mistaken. Any ideas?

yo man,, What does it say when you backspoof it?

I can't right now.

I don't have a backspoofing setup, unfortunately (I know, n00b :voteno: ). If anyone wants to they're welcome. I can SE some info in a week or two, but I'm going to wait on that.

This is really interesting:

I have good reason to believe that the above number is being used for some kind of half-duplex cellphone transmissions like the "walkie-talkie" feature provided by Nextel (I believe?) and I guess some other carriers now. It is either assigned for exclusive use by the local Gas and Electric, or else they happen to be the only ones who use this service in this area.

I believe the tones that you hear when you call are being produced either at the wire-line CO or at the cell provider's switching office. I'm still very shaky on how cell-sites interface with the PSTN so this could be wrong.

I am going to keep reading and try to figure this out, but if anyone has any ideas please pipe in.