Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

meetings Friday!

26 posts in this topic

post interesting stories here...

Oh yes... Once again since I live in a hick town I am unable to join in on the party, and thus I do everything I can to forget it... Oh the pain of memory, it hurts, it hurts.. :o

offical announcement: the assram is complete!!!!

nothing but free times ahead. ohh, and the meeting as well.

huh-huh....that wuz kool.... heh-heh...

Reading stanks comment made me think of bevis and butthead for some reason.. lol

we can only post good stuff about the meetings right? lol

no, bad stuff is ok also...

i just got back and there were mad people at mine his time! the first 2 times i went, i didnt see anyone at all... then last month about 6 or 7 others showed up. tonight, there were like 12 or 13 people!

That is awesome! lots of people talking about lots of different things. there were a couple of informal, spur of the moment, presentations. And i had some intelligent conversation that I was deeply lacking in my job and real life recently.

So mine was a real success! how about the others?

Tom Icom's still da man, but getting into his tight group of 5 thirty-something's is somewhat difficult...found myself on the sidelines which reeeeally sucked. Spent a good hour just wandering the mall, waiting for ntheory to arrive. By 7:30 I gave up and went home. Sucks I didn't get to meet him, but my three options were: sit in the car, wander aimlessly through the mall, or watch people who were aaaaanything but my peers talk about role playing games or whatever.

mine suck! ppl talk about wine and nethack. Nothing interseting.

I got stuck in traffic on 95-N for a solid hour. I even tried calling Icom but his cell phone was off.

The worst part is that I got there almost exactly when you left. Tom Icom said that you left about five minutes before I got there. Foiled again!

In any case, there was some tech talk going on there. The NY meetings are the ones that seem to me to have the most role playing talk (which is why I figured I'd try Meriden, CT). I probably missed all of that. When I got there there were some good Linux discussions, a little bit of Qualcomm animosity, and a whole lot of dry, sarcastic humor. :)

I think I'd rather start my own meetings that avoid the Friday timeslot that forces me to leave work early AND get stuck in traffic. :P

Well at az2600 we saw Saddam Hussein, had the animatrix running all through the meeting and Zapperlink showed off his mad GRUB skills.

Fun as always.

mix 1 part 3G phone, 2 parts bluetooth, 2 parts wifi, and 2 parts mac, and a dash of internet connection sharing, and your loading webpages out of thin GSM!

Once again, I got stuck being tied up on meeting day. If the nearest meeting wasn't an hour away, I'd be doing alot better. Will try again next month. :(

Chicago2600:

Mut3 told me there was a $5 warantee on BinRev, usable once :blink: I lost my copy :blush:

Anyway... I got a dual celeron 500 mobo, with both processors, fans, a CDRom drive, and a 4meg video card, all for $30.

then I found an open payphone... I poked around and got a little pretentious, and decided that the bright yellow handset with a bigass advertisment on it should be "Liberated" into my backpack.... unfortunatly halfway through "Operation Handset Freedom" there was a security guard staring straight at me... I ran away back to the meeting. Later a friend went down to check out the open payphone, only to return and report that there were 5 cops around it... 3 armed and 2 rent-a-cops.

That reminds me of a discussion a friend and I had... he said Rent-a-cops were like mercenaries... then we both agreed that r-a-c's are not nearly cool enough to be mercs, and I said that their much more like whores with dohnuts and a baton....

anyway, that's my experiance at the June 2600 meeting...

-KuroiShi

Tom Icom's still da man, but getting into his tight group of 5 thirty-something's is somewhat difficult...found myself on the sidelines which reeeeally sucked. Spent a good hour just wandering the mall, waiting for ntheory to arrive. By 7:30 I gave up and went home. Sucks I didn't get to meet him, but my three options were: sit in the car, wander aimlessly through the mall, or watch people who were aaaaanything but my peers talk about role playing games or whatever.

hrm - didn't know people still went to the CT meets. I haven't been in a couple of years- if I'm around next month I'll try and make it up there.

Zapperlink showed off his mad GRUB skills

Zapper also unveiled his plan to take over the world with a new IP addressing scheme for China.

BoBB: Initially I thought I was going with a buddy of mine and didn't arrive at the meeting until about 30 minutes after it started.

If you ever need a ride just let me know (I'll get on irc before the meetings).

damn, cant wait to hit the meetings next month.. im jinxed, thru a series of unfortunate events, i havent been able to make it os far