Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phax

tone tracer and probe help

5 posts in this topic

:blush: Well today my local Home Depot had a sale today. plus I had a 50 gift card.

So I pick up the tone tracer and probe both for only 50 bucks. I thought it was a great deal.. Now I'm trying to figure out what could I use this for to help me learn more about the phone sys. I remember read in a phile awhile back about how this is a handy phr33k tool. But it didn't say what it's good for or how to use it. Can any geeks here give me a jump start and using this tool. I know they R both use together but how and for what

:pissright: :puke:

Hook the tone generator into your TNI and then walk around to your phone jacks with the inductive amplifier. That'll explain everything.

:blush: Well today my local Home Depot had a sale today.  plus I had a 50 gift card.

So I pick up the tone tracer and probe both for only 50 bucks.   I thought it was a great deal..  Now I'm trying to figure out what could I use this for to help me learn more about the phone sys.   I remember read in a phile awhile back about how this is a handy phr33k tool.  But it didn't say what it's good for or how to use it.  Can any geeks here give me a jump start and using this tool.  I know they R both use together but how and for what

:pissright: :puke:

Take it back, its worthless.

Well, if there's a specific line you want to box off of, hook the tone generator up into your target's TNI, then take the probe to the nearest cross box and start probing until you hear the "warble" sounds, that'll be the line to the house. Unfortunately it'll probably be riskier to box from the x-box (they're mostly out in the open).

Well, since the tools didn't cost me anything but the gift card I keep never know when they will come handy and I found big green box near the park in my house late night mission impossible task. Plus, Home Depot will only make me trade it for some other merchandise which I don't won't ^_^