djmollusk

Next HOPE confrence confirmed

33 posts in this topic

From 2600.com

DATES FOR NEXT HOPE CONFERENCE ANNOUNCED

Posted 11 Jul 2005 20:37:03 UTC

We're already preparing for the next Hackers On Planet Earth conference which will be taking place next year in New York City. "Hope Number Six" will be happening on July 21, 22, and 23, 2006 at the Hotel Pennsylvania. Keep checking back for many more details in the months ahead. For now though, please help us spread the word!

I'm going to this one.

Been planning on it for months.

It's been years since I visited New York City...maybe I'll come to HOPE :)

I'll be around for it, mark my words. If I get some friends together, maybe I'll be speaking.

i'm so stoked!! never been to a con before. this oughta be fun. now, i gotta year to save up enough.

--cid

Well i'm saving money to go to phreaknic 9 this year. It will be my first con ever. I'm definitely going to HOPE and Defcon next year.

if i make some money over the winter and next summer, i will come, and it will be my first road trip ;-)

+Cypress

i'm gonna really try to be there! someone has to get hac his beer :P

i'm gonna really try to be there!  someone has to get hac his beer :P

Wish I could say I was a definite, But life seems to throw shit in my way everytime I plan something! :blowfuse:

I'm going to start saveing from now! And maybe i'll have enough $ to bribe somebody to be my friend for the weekend? Who knows!

I'm going to start saveing from now! And maybe i'll have enough $ to bribe somebody to be my friend for the weekend? Who knows!

If I get to go, I know some people going, I might be able to stuff you in my suitcase! :lol:

I'll be there.

P.S. All you bitches better recognize. :D

Wtf? DefCon hasnt even passed yet and people are already planning for HOPE? To bad cons arent my thing. Seems like fun.

I am there already. HOPE and NYC is always a good combination.

If I get to go, I know some people going, I might be able to stuff you in my suitcase! :lol:

aww you promise! =D to bad NYC is just a short drive for me well not that short but no need to fly. MI to NYC! maybe i'll just walk :lol:

its funny that emmanuell planned it so close to defcon and black hat. they are probably only days away.

its funny that emmanuell planned it so close to defcon and black hat. they are probably only days away.

Thats a great marketing strategy... people are in the con mode right now anyhow and with defcon and blackhat here it'll be easier to spread the word... that emmanuel always a thinker he is

I'm definately going to try to make it to this. Or defcon. Or both.

It would have been a little more courteous and respectful for HOPE to be scheduled further away from Defcon and other conventions. Anyway I'll definitely be going to HOPE. How could I miss that opportunity? And oh how I've wanted to see NY! For just $15.00 each way I can take a bus from Boston to NY! How convenient is that? How can I not attend?

Edited by Royal

I'm so there. I was at Beyond HOPE way back in the day and haven't made it out to a HOPE conference since then! Hell of a lot closer for me than DEFCON!

ill be there, wonder if draper still wants that hug..... :-P

ill be there, wonder if draper still wants that hug..... :-P

He might go for the hug, and he'd probably do some "stretching" exercises with you. He asked a few attendees to stretch with him at Hope last year.

:barf:

i cant wait i live in new york and i was broke and had to work during hope 5, now i can get down to my first con. :flamewar:

and since i work only 10 blocks away means i can go after work and hang out untill i have to go back to work. :flamewar:

No sleep for me. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!