Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XxthugstylezxX

FireFox DL manager

9 posts in this topic

Ok so in firefox it has a download manager. My question is say im in the middle of download a file that is lets say for instance 200mb's and im downloading at 5k. Now assumeing i have to shut down doesnt the firefox download manager keep your download alive so it will resume on next start up when you fire firefox up? Because i keep trying to download this file and i have to shut down everynight or when i leave the house because my step dad is a 1337 wanna-be know it all! So he makes me unplug my laptop. Is there a way i can resume the download?

Ok so in firefox it has a download manager. My question is say im in the middle of download a file that is lets say for instance 200mb's and im downloading at 5k. Now assumeing i have to shut down doesnt the firefox download manager keep your download alive so it will resume on next start up when you fire firefox up? Because i keep trying to download this file and i have to shut down everynight or when i leave the house because my step dad is a 1337 wanna-be know it all! So he makes me unplug my laptop. Is there a way i can resume the download?

The download manager in Firefox isn't like GetRight or other actual download management systems. It's mainly a display showing what downloads you have active and such, without pause/resume capability. I'm sure you could probably download an extension for this functionality though.

The download manager in Firefox isn't like GetRight or other actual download management systems.  It's mainly a display showing what downloads you have active and such, without pause/resume capability.  I'm sure you could probably download an extension for this functionality though.

it does have a pause though :) just not a resume. And when i do fire firefox back up it show's the download still just the downloads doing nothing at all but sitting there. But i shall look for a plug in if there is one. Thanks for the idea

I would deffinatly suggest getting a download manager program like ReGet (if your on windows) these programs can save you from a lot of troubles downloading large files in chunks with slow internet access. There are quite a few programs available that can aid you in resuming files, spliting them into smaller faster downloading pieces, and lots of other nifty features.

Ok, I'm a noob. Firefox DOES have a pause and resume capability, as long as you don't shut Firefox down.

Ok, I'm a noob.  Firefox DOES have a pause and resume capability, as long as you don't shut Firefox down.

Accually you can close all firefox windows and just keep the DL manager window open and it still downloads. Does it the same on win, linux and mac.

Ok, I'm a noob.  Firefox DOES have a pause and resume capability, as long as you don't shut Firefox down.

Accually you can close all firefox windows and just keep the DL manager window open and it still downloads. Does it the same on win, linux and mac.

But Firefox is still active. You haven't closed it if the DL manager is open.

Not to bring up an old thread but in GetRight why does it download so slow? I've noticed a 2-6mb difference.