StankDawg

HackTV episode 2 is now out!

57 posts in this topic

none of the mirrors worked, so I had to guess the url and download it from the binrev site. Got a a sweet 600k speed though. Feel a little guilty but I tried the other options that was listed, came here to post your links are busted.

[edit]

WHY in the world is this file zipped? its bigger when its zipped then unzipped. zipping a compressed file does no good, other than making many files into just one. But hacktv is just one file. I guess maybe you can argue to cut down on instream viewers, which would increase the ammt of downloading, but it just serves to piss me off.

Edited by oneeyedelf1

I understand your pain. I noticed right away that the file is zipped and it makes no diff. The AVI is already compressed via the codec.

It doesn't compress if its one file for a compressed file. It's already compressed. lol

I asked the same thing a while ago but Stank explained it in a way that does make sense.

If you post an AVI of it you'll get people who just click and stream it. Then when they decide they really want it they download it again. This forces everyone to download it first and unzip it to view it.

oh yeah! i forgot that by default most browsers just stream the fuckin thing anyways. that makes perfect sense then.

I fear my little bit in the after credits section.

I could view the WMV file fine, but when I downloaded the other verison I can't seem to match up the audio and video. I've tried playing it a few times but still having trouble.

Right now I'm hearing audio of things that happen 30-60 sec in time. Anyone have any ideas. I've shut down other processes and things I have running.

Booter

I could view the WMV file fine, but when I downloaded the other verison I can't seem to match up the audio and video. I've tried playing it a few times but still having trouble.

Right now I'm hearing audio of things that happen 30-60 sec in time. Anyone have any ideas. I've shut down other processes and things I have running.

Booter

Try downloading and using VLC (videolan client) www.videolan.org

i did like the magstripe reader stuff that was cool

oh yeah! i forgot that by default most browsers just stream the fuckin thing anyways.  that makes perfect sense then.

Yeah, it makes you always have to right click and choose "save as". More of a chore than just clicking it.

1) Thanks for all of teh mirrors! Watch your bandwidth though, and don't get charged for giong over!

2) It is ZIpped as ntheory explained, because last time, I saw people who streamed it from the server and by ZIPping it (which I realize gains nothing on the file size) iit forces users to save the file and not stream it.

3) I thought someone might notice the 2600 tones...I'm not sure about the other things. ;)

4) Thanks for teh good comments, no go forth and PIMP this unto the interweb! :)

I noticed few blur problems. You need to look frame by fram and you notice some "secret" things.

I noticed  few blur problems.  You need to look frame by fram and you notice some "secret" things.

thanks for bringing that up privately. <_<

I noticed  few blur problems.  You need to look frame by fram and you notice some "secret" things.

thanks for bringing that up privately. <_<

Don't worry, Stank. A few of us (mainly me) still probably won't be able to get them. :P

Ya that, and I thought its rather ironic that you choose to leave his student ID info in its incrypted form unblurred but instead blurred it out in the unencrypted form. Couldnt one just feed the info back throuhg the program to get it. I would really like to hear the rational about doing this Stank. I am not sure how much he would care about that. But you can lift the visa card & and account, and I am sure he would like to know.

the account is expired for any of you thinking about doing anything funny... ive checked things over ill still try to get ahold of him.

Yeah, I talked with Subzero about this earlier.

Stank, I think djmollusk helped you out on this one. Versus having tonnes of people contacting you "privately", he posted it publicly to let all know that it was known, and therefore preventing a torrent of stress on your part by telling each individual off and posting yourself about the issues. Isn't open information the basis for the hacking scene?

So, I guess it's fair to say that you should chill.

2) It is ZIpped as ntheory explained, because last time, I saw people who streamed it from the server and by ZIPping it (which I realize gains nothing on the file size) iit forces users to save the file and not stream it.

I guess maybe you can argue to cut down on instream viewers, which would increase the ammt of downloading, but it just serves to piss me off.

Expired accounts usually only change the civ(I think thats the name for the number) & exp dates upon renewal. exp dates change rather systamtically. Though more and more places on the net are requiring the civ number, where it used to be just optional. I didnt like the first segment much, too much bleaping (a made up number with similiar structure woulda been better) [ could someone explain what he was bleeping out and why?], I am curious as to what he was bleeping out, it kinda confused me. That and that camera was way too damn shaky. Though I liked the 2nd segment, I am really feeling like building a reader and looking at whats on my student ID.

[editx2]

Oh yea the NetZero visor kicks ass *jealous*

Edited by oneeyedelf1

wow what was it almost a year

well worth the wait i like both parts but on the phone part after the big bells broke up most new

phone compainies dont mess with the punch down thay have thair own little box beside it and reuse the service.

in wich i was thinking of tapping into somones dsl and routing it over to my line (not marking it) or hooking a wireless router/dsl modem and getting free wifi :devil:

have not tryed it just a idea i had

Ok, torrents for both low and hi versions are up and seedin'!

Grab the low res here.

and the hi res here.

Have fun and help SEED! :P

maybe easter eggs at the end

Hard to see but it says " ADOBE UNIVERSAL LEADER " few other hard to capture things like "no Reel" reversed and mirrored. and im sure i missed a lot out.

-belial

Good job Stank, enjoyed the first part since i didnt know much about that stuff :)

Cant wait for EP3.

I did quite enjoy the episode. By far, the remote terminal information was my favorite part, because I've been interested in exploring these in my own area.

YAY! Cameo action!

I totally forgot about telling Natas to ollie off the hotel bed.

Great 'ep, Stank!