Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P(?)NYB(?)Y

BellCoreRadio episode 1

9 posts in this topic

any of you guys checked out the first episode of BCR (here's the site) yet? i'm curious what everyone thinks about it.

pony i think bellcore radio is gonna rock <3

very good for a first episode

and if you ever need any help with bellcore you know how to reach me ^_^

Ponyboy, I want to say this in the kindest way possible.

If you're going to call a radio show "BellCoreRadio" it should be hardcore about the telephone network. I'm 12 minutes into the show and bored. Perhaps a list of things to talk about beforehand and research into each topic?

0:00 - 12:00 : ...

12:00 - 14:00 : Ponyboys telephone is cool.

14:00 - 16:00 : It is possible to upgrade the firmware on a Motorola V180.

16:00 - 20:00 : ...

20:00 - 23:00 : IP Drum post on Slashdot. Mobile to mobile minutes allows free calls through Skype. It's not illegal.

23:00 - 26:00 : RIAA sucks, legal downloading of songs passed PTP downloading, money sucks, musicians suck.

well i see oldskoolphreak.com gets props in the show notes! :)

but yeah, i agress with *blakeops* that if it has BellCore in the name it has to be leet and somewhat hardcore.

BlakeOPS: i agree, i had several things in mind that i wanted to talk about, but hadn't actually drafted a list of them (which i have been doing for the next episode)before i decided "hey, i'm tired of procrastinating. i'm going to record the first episode now!"

as for the show being more "hardcore", the name wasn't intended to be a refernce to hardcore in any way. Bellcore is the abbreviated version of Bell Communications Research Inc. and i just thought the name sounds cool. however, i'll see what i can work out for you :P

for the next episode i've been working alot on my radio personality (i tend to get nervous and stammer alot, which i'm trying to stop doing) so hopefully that in combination with organizing my thoughts before hand will make the second episode alot better.

as for the show being more "hardcore", the name wasn't intended to be a refernce to hardcore in any way. Bellcore is the abbreviated version of Bell Communications Research Inc. and i just thought the name sounds cool.

I know what Bellcore was, I'm just saying that if you use a Bell System term, it had better be leet. For example if I started a radio show called "Ma Bell Radio" it would be crazy insane phreak radio.

I am looking forward to the episodes with planned topics though! :)

I liked it. Like I said on hackermedia, just improve the audio quality and think out your topics a bit more.

Good job though :voteyes:

Well, ponyboy, you're going to be recording episode III today, huh? I know that dual's show was very ghetto on the first episode. But also very hardcore phones. I agree with BlakeOPS as well. It should be phone related if it is going to be phone titled. But a lot of shows also have "growing pains." So it's all good.

yeah, we're going to be recording an episode tonight. it'll be released on thursday, if you want to check it out. we're using a different recording method, which we haven't totally worked out a system for making phone calls for, but hopefully i can figure something out before we record. if not, tough luck, no phone calls.