andyb404

Keylogger advice

15 posts in this topic

I know this is going to sound lame but my Mom really wants me to find out. She would like to know if my dad is cheating on her. She doesnt want to pay money for a P.I. My mom asked me to install some kind of spying software on his computer so that she can find out for sure. He is always on the PC early in the morning before everyone is awake. Whenever someone comes downstairs, he immediately turns of the monitor and acts like nothing is wrong. I took a look at my dads PC to see what software he was running. He has Norton AV corporate edition, adaware personal, spybot s&d, and Microsofts anti-spyware on his PC. Is there a keylogger or something similar that I can install on his PC that would capture his info? Hardware keylogger is out of the question cause his pc sits out in the open and he is constantly plugging/unplugging his webcam. Sorry if this is lame but I welcome any help. Don't do it for me, do it for all the moms out there who get cheated on everday by their lousey husbands. Ok, now that was lame. :P

A hardware keylogger is your best bet, though you say it's out of the question. I highly doubt he would notice it for the one morning you would need it on there. Just leave it on long enough to grab his passwords (windows, aol, mail, whatever) then sit back and check up on him when no one is home.

You could try a couple different keyloggers, though I don't know if MSAS will pick them up or not. Try these trials of commercial keyloggers, or look around for (or write) a new one that may not be in the signature file.

http://www.keylogger.org/files/2/pca_pro.zip

http://www.keylogger.org/files/13/keyspectpro_33.exe

http://www.keylogger.org/files/21/powered_keylogger.exe

http://www.keylogger.org/files/12/setupwsl.exe

I would install and then scan for each while he isn't home. Get them off the PC as soon as you can, no use leaving it on to long and getting caught.

Some side notes here:

Your dad can take legal action against you or your mom for this.

In a divorce, the evidence would carry no weight.

You sure you want to do this? If nothing else think selfishly. Your father makes more than your mom I assume. Kiss that income goodbye. Child support will feed you, clothe you, and keep a roof over your head. No more.

Above all else....this against the Guy Code. You will forever be branded, and rightly so, a mama's boy. (or worse for the youngun's, a playa hata) For all you know, this may fall under article 69. Please see:

http://www.liquorwits.com/code.html

Edited by Evolve

I don't mind being labeled as a mama's boy. My dad was never there for the family when we needed him. I don't want to use anything I gather from the keylogger to use in court. I know it holds no weight. I just want my mom to be able to know if he is telling the truth or if he is lying when he says he is doing something. I was never one to ever cheat in a relationship. Since he is my father, I dont think that falls under the Guy Code. I have friends who do this sort of thing all the time. It doesn't bother me nor do I rat them out. This is my dad though. He is suppose to set an example for me. I think the Guy Code doesn't apply when it comes to family. Thanks for the links. I will check them out to see if they work.

If you can code ok then I'd say write your own. Most keyloggers you get off the net will be detected just like that by spyware software so thats the best way to go.

Also morally I'm with Evolve on this. I couldn't imagine doing that to my dad (other than to obtain his comp password), but then again if your dad is a real jackass... O well your call.

If you can code ok then I'd say write your own.  Most keyloggers you get off the net will be detected just like that by spyware software so thats the best way to go.

hmm actually, ive downloaded a few to spy on people that come over to my house, and none of them were detected by anything on my computer (at one time norton, but after that panda, the usual spyware stuff including MS antispyware, the best thing ms has ever created in my opinion...)

but then again they were all commercial keyloggers, that your supposed to pay for. yes i did say supposed.

After thinking about all of this, I have come to a conclusion. As much as I hate my father, I don't think I should get involved. It is really none of my business to interfer with my mom and dads relationship. I guess this post was more of a way to vent my anger towards him. If the mods want to lock this thread, please do so. Thanks to all who made me think about this first before I did something stupid. Sorry to have wasted your time guys.

If you can code ok then I'd say write your own.  Most keyloggers you get off the net will be detected just like that by spyware software so thats the best way to go.

hmm actually, ive downloaded a few to spy on people that come over to my house, and none of them were detected by anything on my computer (at one time norton, but after that panda, the usual spyware stuff including MS antispyware, the best thing ms has ever created in my opinion...)

but then again they were all commercial keyloggers, that your supposed to pay for. yes i did say supposed.

yeah commercial keyloggers arent usually detected cause the company is afraid of being sued for impeding the other software. Also maybe your spyware detecter just sucks.

After thinking about all of this, I have come to a conclusion. As much as I hate my father, I don't think I should get involved. It is really none of my business to interfer with my mom and dads relationship. I guess this post was more of a way to vent my anger towards him. If the mods want to lock this thread, please do so. Thanks to all who made me think about this first before I did something stupid. Sorry to have wasted your time guys.

Id have to agree with you fully on that one.

Id have to agree with you fully on that one.

id have to agree also.

its like group therapy, binrev style :-p all kidding aside--i think you made the right choice.

blacklines

its like group therapy, binrev style :-p

Group therapy or group think? :P

Definitely NOT group therapy.

if I remember correctly there was a guy on this forum that wrote a few spying/trojan tools, maybe dig up his stuff.

MS antispyware, the best thing ms has ever created in my opinion...

the best thing they bought. they could only dream of creating something that completely useful.