Tank

wireless repeater

11 posts in this topic

ok I am trying to take any wireless signal and boost its rank. I have a belkin f5d7130

and I need to get it to connect to my wireless and do its job.

but alas I am a dumb ass :glare:

Here's what the inside of that thing looks like:

http://wireless.gumph.org/content/3/7/021-...in-insides.html

It appears that the device is using U.fl connectors, but I could be wrong. You could buy an antenna with better range with that type of connection at the end.

I'm not sure if there are any hacked firmwares out there to boost the signal from within, but it would really help to know if you want to boost the signal of the router (I'm assuming this is true) or just be able to connect a network adapter in a more remote location.

Are you just asking how to go about setting the F5D7130 up for Wireless Bridging to allow you to combine your network with another one? e.g. your neighbor's wireless network

Your neighbor would have to have WDS as well. Is this what you wanted?

ya iam trying to take my sbc dsl wieless router and bridge it so i get the signal to go further and dont want to buy all new crap

so if you know any bridging device that would work with my old equipment

InterEpoch's IWE1100-T Series

somthing like this is what iam lookingfor i think

Are you drunk, or are you intentionally trying to enlist the rage of Strom?

You could grab a cisco switch of sorts and that would do what you're describing.

Hope that helps. :)

getting most consumer equipment to mesh (or WDS) is nigh impossible because they don't support it. you can, however, grab something like a wireless adapter (like a NetGear or D-Link gaming adapter) and these will bridge connections easily.

getting most consumer equipment to mesh (or WDS) is nigh impossible because they don't support it.  you can, however, grab something like a wireless adapter (like a NetGear or D-Link gaming adapter) and these will bridge connections easily.

We just mentioned above: Linksys and Netgear both support WDS. :umph:

getting most consumer equipment to mesh (or WDS) is nigh impossible because they don't support it.  you can, however, grab something like a wireless adapter (like a NetGear or D-Link gaming adapter) and these will bridge connections easily.

We just mentioned above: Linksys and Netgear both support WDS. :umph:

yes, i mentioned it, no one else did. WDS itself was /mentioned/, however the equipment mentioned was Belkin which is /another company/.

make sure you fully read before chiming in, incorrectly.

Edited by tehbizz