natas

Asterisk/Google Summer Of Code

8 posts in this topic

Did anyone see the stuff on the asterisk site about googles summer of code projects?

http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=summer_of_code

Googles gonna pay students $4500 to complete one of the projects in the above link. It would be cool if a few of them got done this summer. There are some really cool options on the list, like IAX2 encryption, 16khz samples, SRTP, SMS messaging support and a GUI.

So props to google for putting up money to pay people to write some cool new additions to asterisk!

damn looks like google has their shit together. wish I had stock in them.

Not sure about you all; but many people (inlcuding I to an extent) have SMS messaging working on my * box.

yeah its not hard to install the 3rd party application, but this is for a built in app which should be better yada yada yada

oh yeah and i forgot to mention that i would REAALLLLLLY like to see someone make an iax encryption implementation for asterisk! that would be leet.

yeah its not hard to install the 3rd party application, but this is for a built in app which should be better yada yada yada

oh yeah and i forgot to mention that i would REAALLLLLLY like to see someone make an iax encryption implementation for asterisk! that would be leet.

If IAX can't be encrypted, why am I setting up public and private keys between servers? (No, really, I'm confused.)

If IAX can't be encrypted, why am I setting up public and private keys between servers? (No, really, I'm confused.)

Yeah thats just for registration so your user/pass is encrypted. everything else is sent without any encryption so reconstruction of conversations is possible and its also possible to see which digits a user entered and that kind of stuff. so yeah iax2 encryption would be badass.

ok so i just saw this on slashdot. apparently people are going to work on 4 asterisk related projects but it doesnt say which ones.