k1dd10t

SSNs

17 posts in this topic

go to a hospital, pretend your from some security auditing firm (DHS, for example), bring a clipboard, write down the newborn's information, along with the parents. use geneology sites to fill in the gaps, then use google to help further the "investigation". use all information gathered and register the newborn's SSN. boom, you got yourself someone's SSN and they won't know it. all you have to do is wait 18 years till the newborn starts racking up his/her credit.

Talk about fucking some one up before they even get a living chance to fight back!

I was just curious about this, and heard it somewhere but don't recall...

I heard that a method used by a lot of people to create "new identities" is by going to a grave yard and looking for newborn's graves or other very young people who had yet to get a social secruity number. The person seeking a new identity would then get a copy of the baby and apply for a social secrurity card. Since one had never been applied for it wouldn't be an issue. The only problem I could see with this is why doesn't the Social Security Administration know that the birth certificate is of someone who is, how should I say this, "Living impaired..."

Anyone ever work in that agency and have any insight?

-Dr^ZigMan

The person seeking a new identity would then get a copy of the baby and apply for a social secrurity card.

A copy of the baby!

mitnick did that. dvd baby copier.

all you have to do is wait 18 years till the newborn starts racking up his/her credit.

And by then you will be about... 28 years old!

The person seeking a new identity would then get a copy of the baby

-Dr^ZigMan

omg you sick bastard!

Hospitals are just too secure. You need special ID to enter most maternity wards or a bracelet. Most larger hospitals only have one public enterance to this area. As soon as a kid is born they put a "Lowjack" on them so you cannot steal them. Nor a place to be screwing around. Besides you need a copy of a birth cert to get a SSN.

Heh you guys are a trip :) A copy of the baby's information :P

-Dr^ZigMan

Heh you guys are a trip :)  A copy of the baby's information :P

-Dr^ZigMan

This is just idiotic ... This will only lead to a life in prison ... You can do this if you want, but I guarentee, this is a dead end thread! :grr:

This is just idiotic ...  This will only lead to a life in prison ...  You can do this if you want, but I guarentee, this is a dead end thread! :grr:

Hmmm, sounds like if there was a problem with the system we should help to close it, perhaps by alerting the authorties? Heck, even to protect ourselves. If all it takes is for someone to walk up and say they are us, get a birth certifcate and assume our identity, or even the identity of a "living impaired" family member or relative, we could discuss methods of preventing this specfic attack. Further if it's been done in the past in this manor I'd be curious to learn about it, how they were eventually caught etc etc. It's cliche but "Knowledge is Power"

I'm sorry that we disagree on this issue.

-Dr^ZigMan

Hospitals are just too secure. You need special ID to enter most maternity wards or a bracelet. Most larger hospitals only have one public enterance to this area. As soon as a kid is born they put a "Lowjack" on them so you cannot steal them. Nor a place to be screwing around. Besides you need a copy of a birth cert to get a SSN.

Hah thats what you THINK! When my baby cousin was born I didnt know what hospital my aunt was located at. So I called up all the local hospitals asking if they had any recent born babies that day and around what time was the baby born and who were its parents ( This Info was easily obtain ). With such info I found where my aunt was at. I also knew what room she was in which helped me social a doctor when getting into the nursery. ( Told him I barely came back from a buisness trip and my wife called me and I barely came home to see my new born) :)

But seriously if you have ANY morals or a heart in this case and you plan on fucking over a baby, remember KARMA is a bitch!!..

Heh you guys are a trip :)  A copy of the baby's information :P

-Dr^ZigMan

This is just idiotic ... This will only lead to a life in prison ... You can do this if you want, but I guarentee, this is a dead end thread! :grr:

lol I don't think any of us are actually going to do this (ok maybe a few :P ) But this sure is interesting to discuss.

Hah thats what you THINK! When my baby cousin was born I didnt know what hospital my aunt was located at. So I called up all the local hospitals asking if they had any recent born babies that day and around what time was the baby born and who were its parents ( This Info was easily obtain ). With such info I found where my aunt was at. I also knew what room she was in which helped me social a doctor when getting into the nursery. ( Told him I barely came back from a buisness trip and my wife called me and I barely came home to see my new born) :)

But seriously if you have ANY morals or a heart in this case and you plan on fucking over a baby, remember KARMA is a bitch!!..

I would argee with you about being able to SE over the phone. All of the infomation you got was public record and could of been SE'ed out of any town clerk in the town in which the people live. I understand there are many holes in the system that can eplioted by the best and worst of us.

My point was the physical security of hospitals. Hospitals maternity ward New England are as secure as prisons. Of course I am speaking of major regional hospitals. There is no way someone could be wanering around if tey do not belong there. There was a case in 2004 in New Hampshire of a woman with a public interst group who was wandering around wards asking new parents questions for a survey. Since there ther has been a total lock down.

The old "Go to a graveyard and find a baby's grave and steal hir social security number" trick is so well known that anybody attempting to do that risks sharing hir new identity with at least a handful of other people. It's not the best trick in the book.

Btw, aren't social security numbers sequential?

The old "Go to a graveyard and find a baby's grave and steal hir social security number" trick is so well known that anybody attempting to do that risks sharing hir new identity with at least a handful of other people. It's not the best trick in the book.

It would only work if the child and passed away in the state other than which they were born. It is a known hole in the system covered in a book that I believe is called "The Paper trail." I remember Mitnick mentioned it in a interview.

It would only work if the child and passed away in the state other than which they were born. It is a known hole in the system covered in a book that I believe is called "The Paper trail." I remember Mitnick mentioned it in a interview.

Ya the interview with Kevin Rose and the Broken! Funny shit..