andyb404

Ubuntu cds

19 posts in this topic

I'm excited. I got my 16 cds of ubuntu today in the mail. Now if I can only figure out if my xircom laptop modem will work with ubuntu, I will install it on my p3 650 dell laptop. I doubt it will since it says "Win-Global Access" on the back of the laptop card. Does anyone have any opinions on this Distro? I think I'm sticking to slack on my desktop but for laptops, I heard that ubuntu is great for hardware detection. I don't really care for gnome but saw that I can install KDE if I wanted it. I have 3 AMD64 cds, 3 Power PC cds, and 10 x86 cds.

how long ago did you place the order .... mine still haven't come :(

how long ago did you place the order .... mine still haven't come :(

I was wondering the same thing I still have not gotten mine either. how many did you order telcobob.

i have 5 or 6 of these, if anyone needs them.

i can also burn any linux cd, if someone needs that also.

the fact that the CDs come from Switzerland (i forget off the top of my head, but its not from the USA) is probably why they take so long (and of course, demand). When i ordered mine, they came like 2 months later, in which i had completely forgotten about them.

I ordered my cds like 2 months ago. i remeber the site saying something that its actually cheaper to for them to ship out larger quantitys of cds thus asked you to order as much as you want(within reason). Until I figure out if my laptop modem works with ubuntu or I get an actual hardware modem card for my laptop, I'm not installing it yet. Droops, I would be interested in any or all the current linux distros you currently have. Let me know what to pay you for shipping.

when i ordered my first set for Warty, my CDs came about 2 months later. i ordered supplemental CDs for Hoary about 3 months ago and have yet to receive them. i want my free CDs =(

if its a xircom PCMCIA modem, then it will work, i have a few of them, just pop it in, throw in the cd, and restart, i have NEVER had a problem with a pcmcia modem showing up, they usualy show up like they are attached to a serial port, which is cool.

Well when I try to run the Live CD of unbuntu, it doesn't see the modem at all. The model # of the modem is

realport2 cardbus modem 56 win-globalaccess r2bm56wga

I had forgot about ordering them untill i got this funny looking package and thinking that it may of been a bomb, i had my friend open it for me. well to my surprise it was just 5 or 6 copies of ubuntu. and i was hoping for some pretty lights and lots of noise.

I just order a few yesterday. I didn't realize it was from Switzerland and I have to wait two months for them to get here. Oh, well. I'll just play with Knoppix and Open CD v. 2.0 until then.

hey droops where do ya live cuz ill take some freebsd cds

i orderd 10 and that was like 6 months ago!!!!!!!!!!

they still havent come.

That's just so damn cool that Ubuntu is giving out their CDs for *FREE*!

/me huggles Ubuntu people.

I ordered 10 a week ago.

I'm in the US, so I think it'll be a while.

My friend ordered 13 of the Warty's and gave one to me, and Ubuntu is really cool, I can't wait for mine.

I ordered 12 10 x86 and 2 powerpc. they where shipped on 8/28/2005 and still have not come. people who got the discs are printed on? if so please post pics.

I have the live cd but the install cd does not burn right.