nenn

image viewing without X?

4 posts in this topic

as ive come into a "new" laptop its got great battery life, about 5 hours w/o wifi and brightness down, but currently i dont have it configured to my liking, so i dont know how long the battery will last whilest in X but the reason for this post is to know if anyone knows a way to view images w/o X? i know with mplayer you can watch movies by passing -vo vesa then the file name, as long as you have fb stuff compiled into the kernel, it should be in there along with APM which i need to test out, but anyone know a way to view dirs of images? allowing the passing of * to be able to view mutiple images would be great.

thanks a bunch in advance :)

as ive come into a "new" laptop its got great battery life, about 5 hours w/o wifi and brightness down, but currently i dont have it configured to my liking, so i dont know how long the battery will last whilest in X but the reason for this post is to know if anyone knows a way to view images w/o X? i know with mplayer you can watch movies by passing -vo vesa then the file name, as long as you have fb stuff compiled into the kernel, it should be in there along with APM which i need to test out, but anyone know a way to view dirs of images? allowing the passing of * to be able to view mutiple images would be great.

thanks a bunch in advance :)

You can compile links with libsvga support and use it to browse sites (or local dirs), but there are also a view image viewers ( like this one: zgv)

Make sure you compile framebuffer support in, and you can use fbi to view them. You should also give bootsplash and shot, I recently enabled it and really enjoy it.

Make sure you compile framebuffer support in, and you can use fbi to view them. You should also give bootsplash and shot, I recently enabled it and really enjoy it.

stupid framebuffer doesnt want to work, so no image viewing or movies w/o X currently until i can get this fixed, any mac linux users out here? :)