XxthugstylezxX

wireless card...

14 posts in this topic

Whats the preferable wireless card you guys use when doing this. What works best and picks up the most?

Anything orrinico owns.

I got my Orinoco card from a guy at the netstumber forums. was fairly cheap. works fucking great. Also, Senao cards have quite a bit more power I am told ;)

If you have about $70, get an SMC eliteconnect. Those things have two antenna ports and about 200mW of power (about four times as much as most cards). The orinoco cards need a special connector to be hooked of to an external antenna.

Hm. Although there are 2 threads for this already, here and here - the card I'll recommend is the SMC 2532W-B. Dig those threads as they have good banter in them.

If you have about $70, get an SMC eliteconnect.  Those things have two antenna ports and about 200mW of power (about four times as much as most cards).  The orinoco cards need a special connector to be hooked of to an external antenna.

all cards with external antenna connectors need a pigtail.

i have the ORiNOCO Gold from Lucent and the Senao SL-2511CD PLUS EXT2. both cards work great. anything Proxim- or Hermes-based will work the best IN MOST CASES.

YMMV.

I have an Ornico Silver classic, which I modified into a gold. Works wonderfully for wardriving.

I have an Ornico Silver classic, which I modified into a gold.  Works wonderfully for wardriving.

Whats the diff between gold and silver?

I'm picking up the new Proxim 8480-WR

http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/client...card/index.html

Anyone have commends on the card?

Do not buy anything proxim! Buy the classics. As for the difference between the silver and the gold http://www.port7alliance.com/forums/index....c=78&hl=orinoco

What I would do is go with a card that allows for a external antenae so you can pick up more signals... Also if you get one of the cards that you can intall a external antanae on you can build your own wireless antenae and plug that in... The possibilities are endless so...

Good luck

--More Phreak

you want a real card that's going to uber useful? buy this. it has two external connectors just like the Senao does and uses RP-MMCX like the Senao so there's already an veritable buttload of pigtails and antennas available for it.

i've seen this card in heavy use in the last week during some wardriving and it outright smokes my 200mW Senao.

you want a real card that's going to uber useful?  buy this.  it has two external connectors just like the Senao does and uses RP-MMCX like the Senao so there's already an veritable buttload of pigtails and antennas available for it.

i've seen this card in heavy use in the last week during some wardriving and it outright smokes my 200mW Senao.

NICE! im going to have to remember this in about a month or so because i just got a second job and can afford it now!