WhiteFlye

Cellphone cloning legality?

26 posts in this topic

I know this is a bit late, but better late than never. I don't know about Sprint, but I inquired about something similar a while back to a friend who works for Cricket Communications (small cell provider). My interest at the time was getting an old brick phone to use for the hell of it when I wanted, but I didn't want to pay Sprint $20 (or whatever it is) a month to add a phone, and I wanted to use the same phone number. The answer I got was if their equipment ever sees that an ESN is registering more than once on one of their towers, or is registering on two different towers, there is an automated process that will disable service for that account until they figure out what exactly happened. With Sprint being a larger company, they may not monitor it as closely, but I think you'll be fine as long as you only have one phone on at a time.

As far as Cricket goes I have heard stories of them cracking and tapping down on drug dealers, pretty crazy shit! As for Sprint they sell alot of air time to alot of other small cell providers.

P.S. WhiteFlye your Icon kicks ass! lol

Edited by SUB-S0NIX